Do you have ’74 Fury 2dr still ? system would shut down if someone RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Take that you 57 Chevy people!!! The Arab Oil Embargo occured in Spring Summer Fall of 1973. and keyed the mike on their CB radio!! You can see what looks like mildew on the steering wheel and maybe on the dash. Man was that girl impressed! 6 product ratings - Plymouth 1968-1974 NOS OEM MoPAR A/C Heater Vacuum Switch 3502126 5 Button Type. There is one sitting in a yard less than a mile north of the intersection of PA31 and US 119. Just a couple of Errors….FIRST!!!!!! No way…. If you were running a linear on your CB back then you could kill fuelie VW bugs, too. It’s sort of the same mindset that companies have today. It was mostly the underhood problems that prompted him Two-door is rare. 1959 Devin V12 Special4 days$18,000Bid Now, 1963 International R-1854 days$1,600Bid Now. Very cool, I rarely see the sixth-generation two-door Fury anymore. Hopefully it isn’t that bad and I don’t know if that storage space is heated or not. It’s on the east side of the road and should be visible on Google maps. Thanks for the memories! Chrysler was not hurting at the time, 1972 and 1973 were record breaking years and they had tons of money and profits flowing. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. I could check it out in person for any serious buyers but let’s check it out here right now. 1974 Plymouth Fury III: This vehicle has a 4 door saloon (sedan) type body with a front mounted engine driving through the rear wheels. By 1978 people were again moving back to large cars. This is a big car, very big, I can’t imagine too many moms driving a car this big today. There is a white car parked behind it and two white cars parked to the northwest of it. If I were buying this car, every square inch of it inside and out would be cleaned with so many Q-Tips that it would be wise to buy Unilever stock. I never owned one , but one of my BILs The 2 door Hardtop was produced the entire time. View cart for details. From what is shown, though, it looks great to me. The seller of this 1974 Plymouth Fury III two-door hardtop says that it’s “Mom’s car”. Any 1974 or 1975 Plymouth Fury didn’t have Lean Burn as you say your friends car had. Don't post your car for sale in the comments. I’d have to hold out for the 440 though. Or subscribe without commenting. It’s in “original condition” and they say it’s “SUPER straight! My Mom bought the exact same just before I got my driver’s license. It was a hoot to watch people when this big-ass station wagon would take off in traffic like it had an afterburner strapped to the roof racks! giving him fits, the electronic ignition What a cool ride that could be with a little work. Nobody’s going to have one at a show, as I often say. Other than that, I recall it being a really Great find. Clean.” I agree, it looks fantastic, and a two-door? That’s when people had to wait on gas lines. This big beauty can be found here on eBay in St. Paul, Minnesota. As a kid I remember marveling a the shear size of the car. You know, you’re creating a myth. You’re friend didn’t have Lean Burn, it wasn’t a problem in his car. SUVs and pickups have a higher profit margin than cars do, in general, so it behooves them to make as many as they can. Twice. They didn’t use Lean Burn until 1976, that couldn’t have been a problem in 1974. I wish I could find a ’73 Fury in two door hardtop form! did. The new C-body Fury was basically a one-year-only model that literally couldn’t have come at a worse time. The power is produced by a naturally aspirated engine of 6.6 litre capacity. The white ones should be easy to spot on satellite maps. NADA lists a high retail value of $7,225 for this car and the seller has it priced well below that so there’s room to get it in shape again and not lose your shirt. build quality of Chrysler products back eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'barnfinds_com-box-4','ezslot_20',135,'0','0'])); Here is another photo of almost the exact same interior on a different car that shows it off a little better. This unit features overhead valve valve gear, a 90 degree V 8 cylinder layout, and 2 valves per cylinder. The Fury III was almost the top-of-the-line for Plymouth with only the Gran Fury above it. Something went wrong. fall of ’73. Notify me of new comments via email. Found it! When I was attending college in Columbus Ohio in the middle 70s there was a salvage yard in either Washington Court House or Chillicothe that specializes in cop cars. My dad had a 74 Suburban wagon that somehow snuck out of the factory with ( to quote one Mr. Elwood Blues) a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension and cop brakes. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. $65.19. pulled up behind him at a traffic light If this one has the Lean Burn This wasn’t a one year model, the C body Fury of this series went into production in August of 1973 and continued thru Spring of 1977. The photos aren’t the best as it’s crammed in a storage unit and hasn’t been started in 8 years so that’s probably why it wasn’t pulled out into the light to get some good photos. I liked that car then, I like this car now. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. then really sucked. They were like “You know that girl!? Have any of you owned a ’74 Fury? This is a big car, very big, I can’t imagine too many moms driving a car this big today. The Plymouth Fury III is one of the 4P2 range of cars from Plymouth. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time. Do you still have this Fury for sale ? That was the beginning of the massive shift and the move to smaller cars. The following parts fit a 1974 Plymouth Fury III Edit |Go to My Garage. If I had the cash in hand I’d buy it in an instant. This one hasn’t run in eight years so be prepared for some work. This car should have it’s own zip code :D. A friend of my mother’s had this, same year and color, but in a four door hardtop configuration. This is a case of two doors too few! Click here to get it featured on the homepage instead. If the Lean Burn carb wasn’t eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-box-3','ezslot_0',103,'0','0'])); The seller of this 1974 Plymouth Fury III two-door hardtop says that it’s “Mom’s car”. This would be a great car if a person doesn’t mind getting 12 mpg and spending a little more time parallel parking. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',106,'0','0'])); It’s big but what a great looking big car it is. Free … Not sure I’ve seen one in person. carb, it’ll be a tough sell and a turn off to It’s not only long but WIDE. Lean Burn wasn’t introduced until 1976 and only on the 400 cubic inch Engine. The "Road Runner" was offered as the top-of-the-line model of the redesigned Plymouth Fury 2-door line up, then it was moved over to the Plymouth Volare line up during the following model year (1976). Barge Find! eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',134,'0','0'])); This is a big car, all 18-feet of it. Wait, now most of them drive humongous SUVs that are even bigger than this car is, never mind. I had one of these when I was in college – 2-door hardtop Fury III. Nice ride Nice one, Scotty! Not that I’m a conspiracy theorist or anything and think that car companies and oil companies are in cahoots with each other to give us the biggest, least-fuel-efficient vehicles they can to make more money.