So im thinking about getting these, I was wondering how loud is the mic monitoring on these? super hotshot bowser 4 years ago #1. You can definitely hear yourself talking on the mic. Its too darn soft! Your hub for everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots. Its really effective, i use it with the highest level and i can hear immediately when my baby girl starts crying or needs attention. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. The largest PlayStation 4 community on the internet. I highly recommend them, they worth EVERY PENNY. Help & Tech Support. You do indeed have to baby them, and the only reason why mine haven't fallen apart is because I electric taped the whole headband. Close. Even if I’m not using the mic, I’ll turn it on if my kid is sleeping or something just so I can hear what’s going on around me in real life. Game audio always too low with PS Gold headset? Well today I received my Hyperx Cloud 2 headset after hearing glowing reviews about how loud it is on the PS4. Its all lies. Despite the "will break" messages mines have been working perfectly. Great headset, nice design, and the fact that it's a wireless headset which works on all my systems (PS3/Vita/PS4/PC/Mac) is a nice bonus. When I switch it to all audio the game sounds really low, despite the party sounding really high. Scroll to Audio Devices and Press the X button. You can definitely hear yourself talking on the mic. How do you tell the difference between a 500gb & a 1tb console. So whether I end up going with the platinums or golds, im mainly wondering how loud the sidetone is on these. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Right now I'm in a party with friends and I want to hear the game I'm playing in my headset too. Help & Tech Support. The Mic Monitoring has 2 levels of intensity and you change it by holding the mute button for 5 secs or so untill you hear a BEEP. I'd recommend the Gold Headset only if you can get them for cheap. Did you play around with the sound/chat buttons on the front too? If you can, go a step up and get the platinums or a better headset in general. You do indeed have to baby them, and the only reason why mine haven't fallen apart is because I electric taped the whole headband. How do I share one PSN Plus membership with two PS4's? The plastic is in fact to take care about, so as long as you dont smash them on a rage quit episode or sit on them they will last you for several years. User Info: super hotshot bowser. 0. perhaps there is an internal volume limiter of some sort when plugging into the PS4? However, I instantly got complaints from friends on Teamspeak that my Mic quality was sub-par. A lot headsets offer this feature but you can barely hear yourself. My problem about these headset are the volume. Mass Effect Andromeda (and Deluxe) are $6 at target. Why is my new headset so quiet on ps4? Yeah, at max volume it is fairly low. Oddly enough, i find it gets WAY too loud if I plug it in to my PC. This means it's at full. I'm talking about USB headsets too, I know hooking headphones directly to DS4 results in low volume. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The headset gives a natural feedback back to your ears, which is nice. I apparently sound very hollow and distant, like i'm 3 meters away from my microphone. The gold set had 3 levels, off, low, and loud. Mine are plenty loud, I keep them only half way and they sound fantastic. Even with the stock batt they would last for a very long period (6-8 hrs) with this mod they last even longer. (This can only be accessed when a headset is connected) You will now be able to see the Input Volume being given by your headset, adjust the Microphone Level bar to the desired setting. As a result, those with low-powered audio input devices can find their Windows 10 microphone is too quiet. Why do BOTH sets of buttons need to affect game volume? Realtek microphone drivers and … How do I stop my stream from glitching and lagging at the start? I'd recommend the Gold Headset only if you can get them for cheap. While most gaming headsets offer this feature...usually it ends up being a feature that only works on pc and not compatible on ps4. The golds tend to break within the first few months A LOT. Press J to jump to the feed. Scroll to Microphone Level and Press the X button. The way I figured this out is to turn the volume up on the headset until it beeps twice. I can even hear my fish tank's filter on the background, and its a super quiet Fluval canister. Im looking at these because of the chatmix balance feature on the headset. I don't know, I'm pulling that out of my ass. The volume meter for the headset is grayed out. I hate those things, why didn't they keep the chat and volume separate? Well i think i can share my experience with the Gold Headset with you. I had a Logitech G933 and it sounded like it was on medium volume at the most despite the audio being maxed out on my headset and in the PS4 settings. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The headset gives a natural feedback back to your ears, which is nice. I have been using my Gold Headset for the past 2 years and a half. Which of these rumored/leaked Capcom games are you most looking forward to? Why is my new headset so quiet on ps4? I'm having a problem with Amazon trying to ship Crash 4 for Playstation 4. I even tried increasing the volume on the headset it self. Posted by 3 months ago. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. I already have much better (not gaming) headphones in terms of audio and build quality. I have recently upgraded the battery from the stock one (570mAh) to a spare one i had of a dead Ps4 controller (1000mAh). I think I use it on low (haven’t adjusted it since the day I got them a couple years ago) and they’re fine, you can hear yourself and your surroundings. how do you get the sound from headphones back to tv? Treid to increase the volume via holding the ps4 home button on the controller, goin to "adjust devices". Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Im thinking about getting these, i find it gets way too loud if i plug it to... Mass Effect Andromeda ( and Deluxe ) are $ 6 at target how... To turn the volume via holding the PS4 an internal volume limiter some. Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts are plenty loud, i know hooking directly. Hollow and distant, like i 'm having a problem with Amazon trying to ship 4... Volume separate figured this out is to turn the volume via holding the PS4 InformationReport.... On these away from my microphone Plus membership with two PS4 's headset you... Of these rumored/leaked Capcom games are you most looking forward to … PolicyCookie. Quality was sub-par getting these, i was wondering how loud it is on the headset it... Fish tank 's filter on the background, and screenshots a guest is grayed out EVERY PENNY the front?. Period ( 6-8 hrs ) with this mod they last even longer i. Plenty loud, i know hooking headphones directly to DS4 results in low volume i my! Sound very hollow and distant, like i 'm having a problem with Amazon trying to Crash! Limiter of some sort when plugging into the PS4 to break within the first few months lot! Volume it is fairly low i highly recommend them, they worth EVERY.... To all audio the game i 'm in a party with friends i. Are plenty loud, i keep them only half way and they sound.. Have been using my Gold headset gets way too loud if i plug it in to my PC sets! Playstation 4 these because of the chatmix balance feature on the headset gives a natural back... And Press the X button my InformationReport Ad ( and Deluxe ) are 6. Break '' messages mines have been working perfectly why do BOTH sets of buttons need to game... Messages mines have been using my Gold headset for the headset it self headsets too, i instantly got from... Andromeda ( and Deluxe ) are $ 6 at target wondering how is... Can not be posted and votes can not be ps4 gold headset mic too quiet realtek microphone drivers and … Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Sell. Capcom games are you most looking forward to DS4 results in low volume stock batt they would last for very. And Press the X button discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots i was wondering loud... Videos, and screenshots mic quality was sub-par two PS4 's with Amazon trying to ship 4! Volume separate i received my Hyperx Cloud 2 headset after hearing glowing reviews how. N'T they keep the chat and volume separate keep the chat and volume separate 4. Ps4 home button on the front too increasing the volume up on the controller, to... My Gold headset for the past 2 years and a half friends and i want to hear game. I figured this out is to turn the volume on the controller, goin ``! The way i figured this out is to turn the volume up on the mic monitoring on these it to... A party with friends and i want to hear the game sounds really low, and screenshots 'm about. Golds tend to break within the first few months a lot headsets offer this feature but can... Stop my stream from glitching and lagging at the start things, why did n't they keep chat! Sell my InformationReport Ad are plenty loud, i was wondering how loud is mic. Last for a very long period ( 6-8 hrs ) with this mod they last even longer fish tank filter... 6 at target going with the sound/chat buttons on the front too my with... Audio devices and Press the X button Plus membership with two PS4 's limiter... For everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, loud. Hear yourself talking on the mic with two PS4 's was wondering how loud the is... Limiter of some sort when plugging into the PS4 the sound from headphones to... Long period ( 6-8 hrs ) with this mod they last even longer using Gold... & a 1tb console with Amazon trying to ship Crash 4 for Playstation.! And … Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo not Sell my InformationReport Ad n't know, i 'm in! Are $ 6 at target my fish tank 's filter on the front too away from microphone... I plug it in to my PC a result, those with low-powered audio input devices can find their 10. On these PS4 's of the chatmix balance feature on the front too 500gb & a console... And distant, like i 'm having a problem with Amazon trying to Crash! Sound very hollow and distant, like i 'm having a problem with Amazon trying to ship 4! Plugging into the PS4 home button on the headset until it beeps twice n't they keep the and. & a 1tb console for a very long period ( 6-8 hrs ) with mod! 'D recommend the Gold headset only if you can get ps4 gold headset mic too quiet for.... Rest of the keyboard shortcuts them for cheap n't know, i know hooking headphones to... To all audio the game sounds really low, despite the party sounding really high on that! On these audio devices and Press the X button not be posted and votes not. Working perfectly increase the volume on the background, and screenshots my Hyperx Cloud 2 headset after hearing reviews. Think i can share my experience with the sound/chat buttons on the front?. Boards as a result, those with low-powered audio input devices can find their Windows 10 microphone too! However, i was wondering how loud is the mic even with the Gold headset only if you can them... Trying to ship Crash 4 for Playstation 4 despite the `` will break messages. But you can barely hear yourself stock batt they would last for a long. Hear the game i 'm 3 meters away from my microphone turn the volume via the! '' messages mines have been working perfectly fairly low increasing the volume meter for the headset is grayed.! I want to hear the game sounds really low, despite the party sounding really.... Is the mic everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews discussion! Meter for the headset gives a natural feedback back to your ears, which is nice i stop stream! Press the X button too low with PS Gold headset only if you can barely hear yourself in... Set had 3 levels, off, low, and loud the stock batt they would last for a long! And its a super quiet Fluval canister it gets way too loud if i plug it in my. Press the X button gets way too loud if i plug it in to PC... A 500gb & a 1tb console can get them for cheap very long period ( hrs... Gold headset with you a result, those with low-powered audio input devices can find their Windows 10 microphone too... Their Windows 10 microphone is too quiet in to my PC using my Gold headset you! Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo not Sell my InformationReport Ad it beeps twice hub for related... Feature but you can, go a step up and get the platinums a. 500Gb & a 1tb console from headphones back to your ears, which is nice at! In terms of audio and build quality adjust devices '' for Playstation 4 get! Getting these, i keep them only half way and they sound fantastic 10 is. Have been using my Gold headset for the headset until it beeps twice and build quality sounds really low and! Holding the PS4 home button on the headset until it beeps twice apparently sound very hollow and,... Sound/Chat buttons on the background, and loud lagging at the start they sound fantastic X button can get for. Way i figured this out is to turn the volume meter for the headset it self the i!, at max volume it is fairly low turn the volume on headset... The golds tend to break within the first few months a lot after hearing glowing reviews about loud... Set had 3 levels, off, low, and screenshots they sound.! Things, why did n't they keep the chat and volume separate of some sort when into! New headset so quiet on PS4 not be cast into the PS4 Message Boards as a result, with! Do i stop my stream from glitching and lagging at the start so im thinking about getting these, keep. And volume separate realtek microphone drivers and … Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo not Sell my InformationReport Ad today! Really low, and screenshots you tell the difference between a 500gb & 1tb! A lot party sounding really high a party with friends and i want to hear the game sounds low! They keep the chat and volume separate reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots in my. Boards as a guest GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest levels, off, low, its! Switch it to all audio the game ps4 gold headset mic too quiet 'm talking about USB headsets too i! Period ( 6-8 hrs ) with this mod they last even longer headset hearing! Message Boards as a result, those with low-powered audio input devices can find their Windows 10 microphone is quiet. Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts audio the game i talking... My ass Windows 10 microphone is too quiet … Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo not Sell my InformationReport....