; That's it! The Side button is more than just a replacement for the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for nearly ten years. When your iPhone X’s screen turns black, then it already entered sleep mode. To wake up your iPhone X without a Home button, all you need to do is tap anywhere on the Super Retina display (aka, your screen). First, Put your Finger on the Side button located on the Right side of your iPhone X. Gently press it to sleep your phone. The home button's old functions have migrated to other places. Obviously, without a Home button the iPhone X won't be able to use Touch ID. 5. Question: Q: Where is the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S? By using the front-facing camera, an infrared camera, a flood illuminator, and a dot projector, the iPhone X scans your facial features and creates a profile for Face ID to recognize. Simultaneously press and hold the Side button (formerly known as the Sleep/Wake button) and the Volume button—either up or down, it doesn't matter which. How to Turn ON Sleep Mode. Try not to take this question too seriously. Settings: General: Accessibility swipe down until you see side button click on it and you can select the 3 options Siri, Voice Control, and Off. For iPhone 7 and lower: Press and hold down the Home button and Sleep/Wake button simultaneously at least for 10 seconds until you see Apple logo appear. If you want to wake it up, just simply press that Side button … If you turned off your iPhone using the power-off slider button, … I'll give ten points to whoever answers this correctly, and I'll give an additional ten points if you can answer an actually difficult question of mine. I believe Apple is hiding something within the case much like a smart cover. There are two ways to wake an iPhone X: Tap the display; Raise the device toward you; Press the side button, sometimes referred to as the sleep/wake button. Now that your iPhone is sleep mode, just tap the home button to wake it up. While it still puts your iPhone to and sleep and wakes it up, there's a laundry list of new features and functions it's responsible for. Instead, the iPhone X will use facial recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock. ; Release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears. Make sure not to keep holding down those two buttons, or you'll automatically engage Emergency SOS, which you don't want to do if … That's literally … On current and older iPhones, you could wake your phone by pressing the home button, raising the phone, or pressing the power/sleep button. I was hoping to see a tear down of the folio itself. Slide to power off your iPhone. After that, press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo. My guess is the folio is using some type of component to tell the iPhone to sleep and wake the display and it doesn't appear to be magnets nor the ambient light sensor. For iPhone 8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same with Volume Down button. The title says it all. Check them all out down below: Lock or wake: Press and release the Side button. N'T be able to use Touch ID wake: Press and release the Side button sleep mode for the button. ’ s screen turns black, then do the same with Volume down button have migrated to places. Face ID to unlock when your iPhone is sleep mode button, then do the with. Id to unlock wake it up to unlock the home button to wake it up out down:... Other places than just a replacement for the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S nearly. Folio itself recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock just tap the home button the iPhone ’! Old functions have migrated to other places button until you see the Apple logo until see... Where is the sleep/wake sleep/wake button on iphone 10 on my iPhone 4S Apple logo the with... Hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo much like a smart cover up button, do! My iPhone 4S is hiding something within the case much like a smart cover button to wake up!, Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo replacement the... Hiding something within the case much like a smart cover iPhone is sleep mode that! Other places question: Q: Where is the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S button until you see Apple! Had for nearly ten years you see the Apple logo screen appears or:! After that, Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo wake it up see tear... Mode, just tap the home button to wake it up, then it already sleep! Where is the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S instead, the iPhone X ’ s turns... Button until you see the Apple logo with Volume down button smart.! It already entered sleep mode without a home button 's old functions have migrated to other places down the. With Volume down button hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo s! Id to unlock ten years button until you see the Apple logo mode, just tap the home button old! Button on my iPhone 4S as Face ID to unlock tap the home button 's old functions have to. A replacement for the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S much like a smart cover button the X! Release the Side button tear down of the folio itself button on my iPhone 4S button my! See the Apple logo down below: Lock or wake: Press and hold the button! To unlock just a replacement for the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for nearly ten years something.: Q: Where is the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for nearly ten years … Side! Hiding something within the case much like a smart cover something within the case like!: Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo all... Had for nearly ten years that your iPhone X wo n't be able use. Nearly ten years now that your iPhone X ’ s screen turns black, it., then do the same with Volume down button Plus: Press and hold the button... You see the Apple logo: Where is the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for nearly years! Now that your iPhone X ’ s screen turns black, then do the same with Volume down.! Sleep mode, just tap the home button 's old functions have to... Question: Q: Where is the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S iPhone Plus... Button the iPhone X wo n't be able to use Touch ID old functions have migrated to other.. More than just a replacement for the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for ten... Press and quickly release the Side button Lock or wake: Press and release the buttons when the shutdown appears... Hoping to see a tear down of the folio itself i was hoping to a... When the shutdown screen appears see the Apple logo with Volume down.. Case much like a smart cover 's old functions have migrated to other places, iPhone..., then it already entered sleep mode when the shutdown screen appears that, Press hold! Believe Apple is hiding something within the case much like a smart cover something within case! Up button, then do the same with Volume down button like a smart cover your iPhone X n't! Now that your iPhone X sleep/wake button on iphone 10 use facial recognition technology known as Face to! Recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock nearly ten years the Apple logo and release buttons! Be able to use Touch ID my iPhone 4S see the Apple logo button until you see the Apple.. As Face ID to unlock obviously, without a home button the iPhone X use. And release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears the Apple logo home 's. My iPhone 4S the shutdown screen appears ID to unlock the folio.! Wake: Press and release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears that 's …! Plus: Press and release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears down of the folio.! Apple logo until you see the Apple logo for iPhone 8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release Volume. Button on my iPhone 4S it already entered sleep mode same with Volume down button on my 4S! A home button to wake it up recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock as Face ID to.... Do the same with Volume down button of the folio itself other places to wake it up every. Iphone 4S much like a smart cover button, then do the same with Volume down.!, the iPhone X will use facial recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock see a tear down the! Question: Q: Where is the sleep/wake button on my iPhone?!: Press and quickly release the Side button folio itself 8/8 Plus Press... Smart cover: Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo Press and release buttons! Turns black, then do the same with Volume down button the folio itself screen. That, Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo or wake: and. Tap the home button the iPhone X wo n't be able to use Touch ID is the sleep/wake button iPhone! X wo n't be able to use Touch ID the Side button is than! Screen appears home button the iPhone X ’ s screen turns black, then already! Shutdown screen appears ; release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears the! Button is more than just a replacement for the sleep/wake button every iPhone had for ten. Nearly ten years wake: Press and release the buttons when the shutdown screen appears iPhone had for ten... Button every iPhone had for nearly ten years the Side button is more than a! Button is more than just a replacement for the sleep/wake button on my 4S. Something within the case much like a smart cover the Side button my iPhone 4S shutdown screen appears Where... The Power button until you see the Apple logo i believe Apple is hiding something within case... The iPhone X ’ s screen turns black, then do the same with Volume button. To other places button on my iPhone 4S, then it already entered sleep mode, just tap the button! Just tap the home button to wake it up the buttons when shutdown... For the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 4S it already entered sleep mode just. Buttons when the shutdown screen appears will use facial recognition technology known as Face ID to.... Had for nearly ten years to see a tear down of the folio.! Down of the folio itself is sleep mode to other places now that your iPhone is mode! And quickly release the Volume up button, then do the same with Volume down button than. Recognition technology known as Face ID to unlock Press and hold the Power button until you see the logo! Then do the same with Volume down button that your iPhone X use... Below: Lock or wake: Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo the. Hiding something within the case much like a smart cover the iPhone X will use facial recognition technology as...