Besides the billions of music CDs in existence there are also billions of movie discs out there, and accordingly there will be demand for players for decades to come. As a result, analog watches are increasingly being overtaken by smart watches. Over the years, CD sections in stores have been shrinking as less and less people buy CDs. This is because data can easily be saved within a virtual space. Since then, alarm clocks have changed in size and design. amzn_assoc_asins = "B010OYASRG,B016XTADG2,B01MTB55WH,B00CAMCI3I"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Your email address will not be published. So what’s happening? American multinational technology, International Business Machines (IBM), shipped the first hard drive in the the first commercial computer (RAMAC 305 system). More people now have access to maps of any country, electronically. So which popular products today will join the likes of VCRs, cassette players and transistor radios in the next few years? amzn_assoc_linkid = "af58678b12f24f224897b5b6a6a71ad5"; amzn_assoc_asins = "B07NM3RSRQ,B07SJR6HL3,B075LT8YLR,B0753GRNQZ"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";

The price for basic USB jump drives has plummeted in the last few years while the technology has catapulted forward. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; READ: PICS: 5 smart gadgets to integrate into your home. I think CDs are obsolete in times like this where our economy is so unstable. Part 2: How do people use DVD these days? My old iPod Nano has a nearly permanent place in my car, occasionally I swap out the 4gb of music for something different (though core songs stay.). There are a lot of movies that are difficult to find on the Internet or streaming services, and they don't have collective values like physical DVD discs do.

Sure, you may still be able to find these products for sale in certain niche stores, but they will no longer be produced for a mass-market audience. If they had been more flexible/willing to embrace the leading edge of technology instead of trying to force their monopoly-esq system revolving around user abuse and inflexible options on their customers-the growth and success of iTunes, which just passed Best Buy and became the second largest music distributor in the US, wouldn’t be so surprising. According to a study by a US statistics agency, more than 70% of all adults aged 25-34 are living in wireless only households. ← Older Post Yes, obsolete as a daily working unit, only for compatibility purposes, old material to read, “old” SW to load, or to share something big I do not send by ftp, or a music CD I toast. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 1. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";

amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Want to buy a hard copy of a new album? Amazon’s cloud, for example, allows unlimited storage for a certain monthly fee. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Many of the products you rely on most right now will likely be phased out by the end of the decade and replaced with new and better technology. While P2P and illegal downloading has raised significant issues, far too little attention has been placed on the music industry.