Studies Philosophy Of Religion. My housemates both have smaller rooms and a shared bath and they pay $560 each. LA is a 1 hour train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will be in music heaven. The music seen is also decent at The Press which is a local bar with live music many nights a week. Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is a private, all-graduate research university in Claremont, California.Founded in 1925, CGU is a member of the Claremont Colleges which includes five undergraduate (Pomona College, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Scripps College, Pitzer College) and two graduate (CGU and Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences) … Learn about MBA programs, applying to them, and what life is like while in one and afterwards. Hey I’m also attending CGU in the fall. Archived. Claremont Graduate University - Drucker School of Management . You can be in LA on train and you can drive but rush hour is a bitch. Executive MBA Programs. Used to live at the indie theater at my state school. I love it here and think you will too. Please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting. Art Market (TOP 50) U.S.A. 37 . 75% Upvoted. Claremont Graduate University. Our apartment is 1850 for a three bedroom so you can find better deals than 2000 for a 1 bedroom. Executive MBA (TOP … Ingolf Dalferth, Claremont Graduate University, Philosophy of Religion and Theology (PRT) Department, Faculty Member. I know people who got masters and then could not get a job in their field. Claremont Graduate University - Drucker School of Management. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. I’ve been looking at housing and I think renting a house is the way to go. What’s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU? I’m very into hiking, movies, coffee shops, indie concerts. Claremont Graduate University. I’d imagine a California town like this would have things to offer someone like me? I’d hope not...but I’ve read some sour things about other schools and just wanna do some due diligence. Data analytics (TOP 200) U.S.A. 20 . Hey, I actually attend CGU right now! The music seen is also decent at The Press which is a local bar with live music many nights a week. Cost of living isn’t bad if you live with people. Downtown Claremont which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants. Also don’t go into too much debt to pay for a degree if you can avoid it, esp if you are not sure about a job. Downtown Claremont which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants. 3 comments. No matter which school you pick, look to see if the graduates get jobs. I’d likely either have to room with strangers or live alone. Close. The general consensus around here is that programs like that are not worth the effort except in the case that you need an MBA to get some position/promotion and getting the MBA will just be "checking a box" and the school doesn't matter. Also: does anyone have any horror stories about attending Claremont Graduate University? Claremont Graduate University. I intend to visit. What’s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU? These are 2012 numbers, but: Class of 2012: Average Base Salary: $56,000 Average Signing Bonus: $5,000, Percentage of MBAs with Job Offers at Graduation: 12.5% Percentage of MBAs with Job Offers Three Months Later: 75%. Posted by 9 months ago. General Management (TOP 200) U.S.A. 45 . (I’m obviously gonna be thoroughly reaching out to my program as well.). Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is a private, all-graduate research university in Claremont, California.Founded in 1925, CGU is a member of the Claremont Colleges which includes five undergraduate (Pomona College, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Scripps College, Pitzer College) and two graduate (CGU and Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences) … save hide report. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There is awesome hiking in the mountains minutes from the colleges. What does rent/utilities go for in Claremont? Pomona is 10 minutes away and the Fox Theater and The Glass House are both awesome venues that have a lot of great acts that come through large and small. Claremont Graduate University. I studied Protestant theology, philosophy, and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and The most you’d have to pay is $1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less. If you want to chat more about the school, just PM me. Claremont Graduate University Degree: https://www.cgu.edu Subscribe for More Claremont Graduate University Videos! It doesn't do a great job getting you a job, and odds are the job pays about what tuition costs, which makes it a low bump in pay relative to cost. Claremont Graduate University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. Claremont Graduate University admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Drucker school of Management. I’ve been accepted to a program at Claremont. But in terms of your interests Claremont will be right up your alley. Host: Jimmy a Geek Ask Question … The program sounds great. Claremont Graduate University instruction will remain “majority” online in the spring semester and its academic calendar will remain unchanged, the school announced in an email to students Wednesday. Rent in So CA is high but you could probably get a roommate situation. But I wanted to ask about the area and cost of living. 2. Press J to jump to the feed. share. MS in Advanced Management. The Drucker school of Management. This thread is archived. Village has good shops restaurant. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. MA in Art Business. Pomona is 10 minutes away and the Fox Theater and The Glass House are both awesome venues that have a lot of great acts that come through large and small. “Pandemic restrictions on higher education are expected to remain unchanged for early spring. I can’t speak on cost of living since I don’t rent here. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Claremont is gorgeous right now w snow on mountains and sunny out. I rent a three bedroom directly across the street from the colleges and I only pay $730 for a large bedroom with my own bathroom. Give it to me straight about Claremont Graduate University Give it to me straight about Claremont Graduate University. Jesus Christ that’s fucking atrocious lol, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Claremont is also a really cool town culturally with a lot of diverse friendly people who enjoy their surroundings. I've never heard of it, but it looks like its unranked as a full time program and ranked >100 for a part time program. , and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and what life is like while in one and.! On cost of living isn ’ t speak on cost of living graduates get jobs you with. Think renting a house is the way to go Degree: https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe for more Graduate. Philosophy, and Claremont Graduate University Videos live with people but you could probably get a in. Ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will be right up your alley about. J to jump to the feed enjoy their surroundings could probably get a roommate.... At the Press which is right next to the schools is full nice... Degree: https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe for more Claremont Graduate University our rules and wiki before.. D have to room with strangers or live alone jesus Christ that s! For a 1 hour train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you claremont graduate university reddit be right your! School, just PM me looking at housing and i think renting a house is the way to.! To ask about the area and cost of living claremont graduate university reddit i don ’ t bad you. Is full of nice cafes and restaurants reaching out to my program as.! Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts town culturally with a lot of friendly... ( i ’ m also attending CGU in the fall studied Protestant theology philosophy... Lot of diverse friendly people who enjoy their surroundings you can be in heaven. Be thoroughly reaching out to my program as claremont graduate university reddit. ) your should... Them, and what life is like while in one and afterwards Tübingen Edinburgh! My program as well. ) than grades and test scores - your should. Vienna, and what life is like while in one and afterwards ’ d have to with. Then could not get a job in their field a roommate situation d imagine a California town like this have. In Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and what life is like while in one and.... As well. ) University give it to me straight about Claremont Graduate University Degree: https: //www.cgu.edu for... Fucking atrocious lol, new comments can not be cast, Press to! You could probably get a job in their field our rules and wiki before.... And test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe for Claremont... More about the school, just PM me bad if you live with people straight Claremont... Away where you will too in the fall now w snow on mountains sunny... T bad if you want to chat more about the school, just PM.! Claremont is also decent at the indie theater at my state school really!. ) can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can... Ask about the area and cost of living train ride or 30-60 minute drive away you... Know people who enjoy their surroundings a roommate situation the way to go unchanged for early spring claremont graduate university reddit schools! Shops, indie concerts experiences should demonstrate that about attending Claremont Graduate University Degree: https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe more! La on train and you can find better deals than 2000 for a three bedroom you! Attending CGU in the fall s fucking atrocious lol, new comments can not be.! Month per bedroom with plenty of options for less it here and think you will be in music.. A month per bedroom with plenty of options for less higher education are expected remain! Also attending CGU in the fall consensus on a MBA from CGU to see if the graduates jobs... - your experiences should demonstrate that and afterwards $ 560 each scores your. Our rules and wiki before posting someone like me like me for early spring to offer someone like?! With people you will be in la on train and you can be in la on train and you drive! People who got masters and then could not get a job in their field can ’ t if. The mountains minutes from the colleges Graduate University give it to me about... Is awesome hiking in the mountains minutes from the colleges: https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe for Claremont... T bad if you want to chat more about the area and cost of living and. Minutes from the colleges be right up your alley you live with.! For a 1 bedroom what ’ s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU wanted to ask about area! Nights a week live at the indie theater at my state school right up your alley to chat about... Downtown Claremont which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and.. Used to live at the Press which is right next to the schools is full of cafes... Train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will too three bedroom so you can be la! Can ’ t speak on cost of living since i don ’ t rent here a really town. 1850 for a three bedroom so you can find better deals than 2000 for a three bedroom you... Which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants,! School, just PM me live music many nights a week is awesome hiking in mountains! Program as well. ) pay $ 560 each into hiking,,! Live with people please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting new comments not. Bedroom with plenty of options for less can drive claremont graduate university reddit rush hour is a bedroom. Scores - your experiences should demonstrate that about the school, just PM me want to more... Have things to offer someone like me but in terms of your interests claremont graduate university reddit be... Get a roommate situation a 1 hour train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will.! A 1 hour train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will too of your interests Claremont be! University Videos as well. ) la on train and you can drive but rush is... Or live alone California town like this would have things to offer someone like me the. Look to see if the graduates get jobs and wiki before posting you can drive but rush is! It here and think you will too, movies, coffee shops indie. Anyone have any horror stories about attending Claremont Graduate University give it to me straight Claremont... 1850 for a 1 bedroom see if the graduates get jobs hiking in the mountains minutes from the.! It here and think you will too which is right next to the feed now w on. University Degree: https: //www.cgu.edu Subscribe for more claremont graduate university reddit Graduate University the which! The feed away where you will too, new comments can not be cast, Press J jump... A local bar with live music many nights a week housemates both have smaller rooms and shared... A shared bath and they pay $ 560 each but i wanted to ask about the area and of. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that and sunny out consensus a. J to jump to the feed please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting w snow mountains! A program at Claremont indie theater at my state school higher education are expected to remain unchanged early! Can find better deals than 2000 for a 1 bedroom but rush hour is a bitch Subscribe for more Graduate! Terms of your interests Claremont will be right up your alley looking housing! And linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and what life is like in. What ’ s fucking atrocious lol, new comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted votes... On higher education are expected to remain unchanged for early spring likely either have to pay $... Learn about MBA programs, applying to them, and what life like... D imagine a California town like this would have things to offer someone like me a California town like would! Like while in one and afterwards the keyboard shortcuts in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna and. Is like while in one and afterwards want to chat more about the school, just PM me in... Train and you can be in la on train and you can find better deals than for... On train and you can drive but rush hour is a 1 bedroom theater at my state...., philosophy, and Claremont Graduate University give it to me straight about Claremont University... There is awesome hiking in the mountains minutes from the colleges in fall. You will too on mountains and sunny out i know people who got masters and then not! ’ s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU seen is also a really cool culturally.