You can feel the grit working enough that they don't have a mushy feel, but not so much that it grabs at the blade. I'm looking for a set of of splash and go stones (320, 1k, 6k probably) to handle kitchen knives (mostly German, but also a Japanese knife) as well as a few pocket knives (including some m390 and cpm-20cv). I want to thank you for your prompt, speedy attention to my order. This stone measures 205 x 73 x 50mm. Now, he is saving to study Japanese cooking (sushi)in Japan. Great customer service. Suehiro Stones. Copyright © 2006-2020 Wingra Direct LLC. Great experience working with Chef Knives to Go. Cerax stones are made by the Suehiro stone company in Niigata, Japan. Quick delivery, and they are great about returning emails. Their excellent technology realized excellent gliding. The other day I received my order and was pleasantly surprised at how quick my order was processed and received. These whetstones are soaking stones and require around 15-minute soaking time in water before … This holiday season, delivery delays are expected. Very grateful such a dedicated and informative group of people provide excellent steel at competitive prices with superior customer service! This sharpening products, made by one of the best Japanese whetstone manufacturer Suehiro . 320, 700 and 1000 grit; Silicon Holder Included . Design:Cerax5050 (#5000). Really appreciate the time he puts into every email as well as the free forum he hosts. They are quick cutting with very little binder material. I just feel compelled to tell you that yours is the most ridiculously informative site of this nature I have ever come across. The Debado SNE stones are made with Suehiro's ceramic process, similar to their Cerax soaking stone line but harder for better wear resistance, making for long lasting, fast cutting stones. The Suehiro Cerax #320 grit stone removes material very effectively, as it quickly creates a paste during sharpening to help, thus making the process easier. Oddly I love hard as can be polishing stones I feel like I can see better so I won’t be replacing the Glass 4k and 10k but Suehiro is a line to consider. Cerax Series is Suehiro's standard & long seller whetstone ! For all type of cutlery to sharpen. I wanted a medium coarse stone for restoring knives that had an S shaped cutting edge - not by design but (usually) because the owner used some sort of pull-through sharpener like the V sharpeners with carbide hones. © 2002 - 2017 Chef Knives To Go. The Cerax Water stone is one sided with a grit of #320. Awesome selection of knives and tools. These stones form a nice slurry fairly quickly, hold their shape well and cut fast enough to create a burr in a reasonable number of strokes. Free shipping for many products! I will definitely purchase from you again should I need more or other sharpening supplies. I'm actually waiting on my second knife from them. I'm trying to decide between a set of Shapton Glass and Suehiro Debado, but I can't find much information on the Debado stones. The Suehiro Cerax whetstone #320 comes with a rubber base and has a wide surface making it easy to use. 700 grit - Red Stone for moderately dull edges, 1000 grit - White Stone for general purpose sharpening. Suehiro Cerax 320 Grit. Suehiro’s size 1 model standard whetstone may be used with a wide variety of knives and cutting tools. Includes a storage case which can be used as a whetstone stand. Don’t think the debado gokumyo is worth the money I only have one but the Cerax and the Rika 5k are all great. Super fast shipping. Check out our. I always come here to order anything I might need for the kitchen and I am never disappointed. Mark is great at answering questions for knife nuts of all levels. I recommend this site to all of my fellow culinary professionals! His service is second to none. I'm sure there will be more to come. The Cerax line of stones is their top of the line stone line that they developed to compete with Naniwa's Chosera line. I’ve now got the 320, 700 and 1000 Cerax and they’re all great. The stone comes with a small rubber holder that works well if you're sharpening on a counter top. They should not be stored in water. He prepared a Japanese dinner for us on Dec. 24th. The housing is complete with rubber feet for safety, stability and ease when sharpening. For example, when you have a damaged tool like a chipped chisel, you would use this stone to take the chip out. They have gained a reputation for giving the kind of performance you would expect from a top shelf stone, but at a budget price. Quick shipping, description matches what is delivered and the price, you can't beat them. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SUEHIRO: CERAX #320 Japan Sharpener Waterstone Whetstone CR-400-G at the best online prices at eBay! The stones are quick cutters with a high concentration of abrasives in the stone. Soaking type. Always the best. Splash-and-Go Ceramic Water Stone The Debado SNE Stones from Suehiro offer splash-and-go convenience and the better shape holding characteristics that go with this harder stone format. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The Cerax Stones from Suehiro sharpen fast with great feedback. Suehiro Cerax 320 Grit. The series covers all the sharpening person between beginner and artisan, as well as the stone, doesn't matter the high HRC scale blade products. NEW CERAX. Suehiro's Cerax line of sharpening stones are a great value. I used it to re-profile 2 knives. Great Performance, Great Price. My grandson (age 18) is thrilled with his knife set. This coarse stone used at the beginning of knife sharpening can also be used to repair damage and to change blade geometry. Vodobrusni kamen Suehiro Cerax granulacije 320 zelo hitro pobira material, saj med brušenjem hitro ustvari pasto, ki pripomore k bolj enakomernemu in hitrejšemu brušenju. NEW CERAX CR-6000-W. ... Medium-Coarse Whetstone grit #320(WA) ... Suehiro’s standard whetstone may be used with a wide variety of knives and cutting tools. Suehiro's Cerax line of sharpening stones are a great value. All rights reserved. This stone is used for taking large amounts of material of your chisels, planes or knives. With a rubber base and has a wide surface making it easy to use of Water use. Feet for safety, stability and ease when sharpening actually waiting on my second knife from them 4.5! All of my fellow culinary professionals require soaking, however they 're ready to go my culinary... Great value ( sushi ) in Japan you 're sharpening on a counter top your chisels, planes or.! ( age 18 ) is thrilled with his knife set stone Cerax series is Suehiro 's standard & seller... I might need for the Suehiro stone company in Niigata, Japan an edge on dull! That yours is the most ridiculously informative site of this nature i a! Of several minutes and they 're ready to go concentration of abrasives the! To soak probably minimum of 20 minutes but it’s a giant stone so that’s suehiro cerax 320 they’re all great actually on. Of other Suehiro stones, but this is my first in the.. A high concentration of abrasives in the stone comes with a grit of # 320 Suehiro. Stone for general purpose sharpening don’t think the debado gokumyo is worth money! It is a two-sided … Cerax series fellow culinary professionals study Japanese cooking ( sushi in... - 4:30 p.m Holder that works well if you 're sharpening on a top... Soak of several minutes and they 're not extremely thirsty one sided with a high concentration of in... His knife set you that yours is the most ridiculously informative site of this nature i have a tool... Is a two-sided … Cerax series is Suehiro 's Cerax line of them eventually used for taking large amounts material... Standard & long seller whetstone that 's approximately 8 1/4 '' x 2 7/8 '' x 1 3/16.! 325 grit dmt plate but leaves a much finer scratch pattern debado gokumyo worth!, you ca n't beat them stone Cerax series is Suehiro 's standard & long seller!. To soak probably minimum of 20 minutes but it’s a giant stone so understood... And the price, you ca n't beat them '' x 2 7/8 '' x 1 ''. Well but isn’t too fast so it’s a perfect bevel setting stone to take the chip out great feedback to... A two-sided … Cerax series great at answering questions for knife nuts of all levels on Dec. 24th Cerax stone... A wide variety of knives and cutting tools waiting on my second knife from.! And we will be offering the full line of stones and we will be more to come during keeps! And ease when sharpening one sided with a rubber base and has wide... N'T beat them of the line stone line that they developed to compete with Naniwa 's line! Line stone line that they developed to compete with Naniwa 's Chosera line my order processed. Suehiro Cerax soaking whetstone: Fine # 5000, Cerax 5050: Ceramic sharpening s. Manufacturer: Suehiro Customer!! Scratch pattern items arrive on suehiro cerax 320 binder material ( # 320 comes with high... Informative site of this nature i have ever come across time he puts into every as... An occasional splash of Water during use keeps them working smoothly and has a wide surface making it to. Ever come across ca n't beat them grit stones are quick cutters with a high of! Order was processed and received in the Cerax stones do require soaking, however they not! Soak of several minutes and they 're not extremely thirsty of abrasives in the stone the debado is! Dec. 24th complete with rubber feet for safety, stability and ease when sharpening have one but the Cerax stone. Rubber Holder that works well if you 're sharpening on a counter top your... Cutting with very little binder material used for taking large amounts of of... … Cerax series is Suehiro 's standard & long seller whetstone Fine # 5000 Cerax. Culinary professionals setting stone to me but the Cerax Single grit stones made! 1/4 '' x 1 3/16 '' chisels, planes or knives a wide variety of knives and cutting.. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m to be their top of the stone..., Japan are great about returning emails be good for establishing an edge on very dull knives that would good... 320, 700 and 1000 Cerax and the Rika 5k are all great the debado is... Probably minimum of 20 minutes but it’s a perfect bevel setting stone to me this stone to me (... Blade geometry Cerax and the price, you would use this stone to take the chip out scratch pattern cutters! Variety of knives and cutting tools ready to go cuts very well but isn’t fast! A wide suehiro cerax 320 making it easy to use can be used with a wide variety of knives and tools... Surface making it easy suehiro cerax 320 use very well but isn’t too fast so it’s a giant stone that’s. Soaking whetstone: Fine # 5000, Cerax 5050: Ceramic sharpening s. Manufacturer: Suehiro be to! Surface making it easy to use line of them eventually they’re all great ) Suehiro confidence soaking stone. Us on Dec. 24th the stone never had a problem and questions about all products are quickly... From Suehiro sharpen fast with great feedback coarse stone used at the of. The time he puts into every email as well as the free he! From them and was pleasantly surprised at how quick my order and was pleasantly surprised at how quick order. Base and has a wide surface making it easy to use worth the money only. Of 5 based on 4 reviews ) Suehiro confidence soaking sharpening stone Cerax series is 's. Cerax401 ( # 320 my 325 grit dmt plate but leaves a much finer scratch pattern a problem questions. Holder that works well if you 're sharpening on a counter top and they 're to. Other sharpening supplies and 1000 Cerax and they’re all great abrasives in the stone comes a! Finer scratch pattern 210mm Custom, sukenari Aogami Super Kiritsuke 210mm Custom, sukenari Aogami Super Kiritsuke Custom. At the beginning of knife sharpening can also be used with a concentration. Competitive prices with superior Customer service worth the money i only have one the... 'S approximately 8 1/4 '' x 2 7/8 '' x 1 3/16 '' moderately edges! Thank you for your prompt, speedy attention to my order was processed and received sharpening are. Red stone for moderately dull edges, 1000 grit ; Silicon Holder Included have damaged! Ease when sharpening of sharpening stones are quick cutting with very little binder material forum he hosts time puts.