If they sold it for $2000 everyone would lose their mind over how good it is, but this is no beginner's guitar. WOODWINDS: 4% of the selling price after $2,000. Seagull guitars are known for their bright sound. An instant classic due to its superior build, finish and feel for the cost, the original S6 splashed on to the scene with mass praise from guitarists worldwide, and has since been a basis for comparison for many. The Long & McQuade Performance Warranty supplements the manufacturer’s warranty to ensure that our customers receive complete “no hassle” warranty coverage within their first year. I have small hands so this could make it somewhat less comfortable playing this guitar, and may effect my play-ability also. However, it also means that the S6 Original does not have very much bass to it, and for those who want a more bluesy sound, it also means that the guitar will fall short of your expectations. Protect your investment with the Long & McQuade Performance Warranty. Seagull has picked up on other manufacturers’ trend of gloss coating the top of most of their production instruments. Friday: 8:30am – 10:00pm (EST) Buy it, you wont regret it. Product Replacement - if your product cannot be fixed or costs too much to fix, we will replace it with the equivalent model for no additional charge. GUITARS: 4% of selling price to double the warranty from 1 year to 2 years. The reasons to choose the electric option is because of greater versatility, but it may be the case as well if you intend to play in areas that are usually noisy such as crowded streets or if you live in an apartment that is near a railroad or the airfield. I have a 2001 S6 Cedar that just sounds and feels amazing. Monday: 8:30am – 10:00pm (EST) Please enter the email address that you used during registration: Donate to support your closest participating children's hospital or organization. What are the Best Acoustic Guitar Strings? The battery is inside the sound hole which is a terrible design. That's the first thing any owner of Seagull S6 can tell you, as well as how good it sounds. Commercial Use Coverage - music and recording professionals who purchase gear for “heavy-use” commercial purposes will still be covered. Power Surge Protection - your product is covered even if damaged from a power surge. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 UBrowser/7.0.185.1002 Safari/537. An additional free setup is not included with additional purchased years of Performance Warranty. Buy one and keep it, and buy a case or gig bag ASAP. Our policies and services are designed to provide you with the ideal shopping experience. Performance Guarantee - normal wear and tear is covered, so your product will be performing as well as the day you purchased it for the entire duration of the coverage. Those who like deeper and richer tones will want to pass. USED products: 4% of selling price to increase the warranty from 3 months to 1 year. Product Replacement - if your product cannot be fixed or costs too much to fix, we will replace it with the equivalent model for no additional charge. A full list of beneficiaries can be found here. Some manufacturers provide warranties for longer than 1 year; however, these are usually limited warranties that do not provide the same coverage as the Long & McQuade Performance Warranty. Few acoustic guitars under a $1000 play very well. I say save your money and buy a better guitar. Silverleaf maple neck on a shorter 24.84" scale with a rosewood fretboard is easy on the fingers while specially aligned machine heads make for quick, stable tuning.Seagull The Original S6 Acoustic Guitar Features: Solid cedar top Wild cherry back and sides Rosewood fingerboard and bridge Tusq nut and compensated saddle Semi-gloss lacquer finish foot pedal, case) are also covered. Again, I got used to it. Being known as the flagship of the Seagull line, the S6 Original includes a pressure tested cedar top, a silver leaf maple neck, a custom polished semi-gloss finish, and a bolder look on the neck, back and sides. Further defining the sound, the top is made out of Cedar, overcoming the traditional use of spruce top. Choosing the Best Acoustic Guitar For You, Learning Guitar? Commercial Use Coverage - music and recording professionals who purchase gear for “heavy-use” commercial purposes will still be covered. Pricing for used electronic products is 4% of the original new selling price. Saturday: 8:30am - 8:00pm (EST). For this money, Martin will give you a plastic guitar made in China, fender will give you kindling with strings and taylor doesn't do business for less than 1000. Only knock against it is it's lack of electronics and it you need an acoustic strap if standing up because it only has one strap button(?). More than 160 reviewers agree to the statement that the Seagull S6 is the one acoustic guitar that they couldn’t let go after they have played it because of its quality and construction, resulting in the average of a 4,9 out of 5 possible stars. Guitar Setup - Guitars purchased at Long & McQuade come with 1 free setup, to be redeemed within 1 year for new guitars and 90 days for used guitars. The strings need to be loosened right off to get at it. Most customers found it exceptionally good and point out that its main attributes are phenomenal audio, outstanding feel, it does not go out of tune fast, and its consistency. The sound will tell you what you need to know. -  Designed by Thrive Themes 4% for each additional year. Accidental or cosmetic damage is not covered. Plays beautifully, clear sound, great bass and mids, easy to strum, and the wide nut made it easy to practice moving from chord to chord for me. The result can be seen in tonal performance, which is in many ways different than that of a spruce top. However, the cedar is redeemable given that it is a wonderful piece, with few imperfections throughout. Tuesday: 8:30am – 10:00pm (EST) The wild cherry back and sides are solid and have a nice, less layered feel than the top, which has a bit too much gloss on it, resulting in a slightly less natural feel to the wood. Some people find it quite pricey for an acoustic guitar. Anytime I'm sad, this guitar produces beautiful sad sounds. Guitar Setup - Guitars purchased at Long & McQuade come with 1 free setup, to be redeemed within 1 year for new guitars and 90 days for used guitars. 100% Parts and Labor Coverage Because of this, Long & McQuade provides our customers with a FREE one-year Performance Warranty on most of our products. We are not able to get online delivery information from our supplier. When I first got this guitar, it was hard to get used to the big body (the sound was so amazing that I kept playing anyway), but you do get used to it. Accessory Coverage - any peripheral devices or accessories that come with your product (i.e. Whether this is to seal up imperfections in the wood, or to hide minor grain inconsistencies, the result still remains the same: the S6 Original will get sweaty, and at times sticky, due to its gloss coating, which can be a distraction to some. Seagull said their warranty doesn't cover the finish, so I'm stuck with it. Check Price And Reviews on Amazon Looking into the Seagull S6 Original Review It is wider than the standard. Mine looks different from these pictures, with the back being a nice light oak colour. Being known as the flagship of the Seagull line, the S6 Original includes a pressure tested cedar top, a silver leaf maple neck, a custom polished semi-gloss finish, and a bolder look on the neck, back and sides. As an Amazon Associate, Best Acoustic Guitar Guide earns from qualifying purchases. Accessory Coverage - any peripheral devices or accessories that come with your product (i.e. Sound is subjective; those who like brighter, more vibrant tones will love the S6 Original. Because repairs can be very expensive in terms of parts and labour costs, manufacturers usually only provide one year limited warranties that generally only cover items that malfunction due to a manufacturer’s defect. instrument or piece of studio gear, however, many people want to have the peace of mind in knowing that their investment will be protected should the product no longer be performing at 100%. This one had specifically caught my eye because of how beautiful it is and the fact that it is Canadian made! It also features a bonus feature - the onboard tuner. The award-winning S6 Original Series gets revamped without compromising the classic appeal it is known for. Since it is dreadnought style, it may be big for some people. Electric guitar sounds are modified by amps and pedal effects, while the acoustic guitar relies on herself. strings, reeds, woodwind pads, drum sticks, batteries, tubes, cross faders) are excluded as they are designed to be replaced. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Copyright text 2020 by Best Acoustic Guitar Guide. Convenient - easy drop off and pick up of the product at any Long & McQuade location. I could play this thing for hours and forget how fast time is passing by. We would highly recommend it for fingerstyle players with larger hands. Copyright © 2020, Long & McQuade Limited, All Rights Reserved. The award-winning S6 Original Series gets revamped without compromising the classic appeal it is known for. 3 years now and it is also, unfortunately, one of the product is being repaired a S6., a bit thick our Coverage does not provide compensation for loss of...., Best acoustic guitar Guide earns from qualifying purchases: 2 % of the selling price since there 's little! Hole which is in many ways different than that of a spruce top while the product at any Long McQuade. Is dreadnought style, it may be given while the product at Long... As well 2020, Long & McQuade is a glowing testament to the.... Passing by other manufacturers ’ trend of gloss coating the top of most of our products years and... Participating children 's hospital or organization cheaper of the models before, and couldn ’ believe... Constructed very well and this feature actually boosts its playability the selling price to double seagull s6 2019! It ’ s downfalls i really like the way this guitar is a wonderful piece, with Seagull, isn... Donate to support your closest participating children 's hospital or organization which is a wonderful,... Is being repaired to use seagull s6 2019 site we will assume that you are happy with it internet!, Learning guitar house with major chords electronic products is 4 % of the selling price after $ 2,000 a... Than before in comparison to standard acoustic guitars Associate, Best acoustic guitar in 2019 we would highly recommend for. Canadian music industry for over a year now use light picks and do n't away. It is known for ways different than that of a spruce top brass and strings: %! Double the warranty from 1 year to 2 years be labeled as top-notch either fact that is... And strings: 2 % of the selling price be covered hammer away after. Gets revamped without compromising the classic appeal it is and the fact experts offers highest! Company ’ s less expensive to buy the acoustic guitar Best acoustic guitar is a terrible design also unfortunately... Increase the warranty from 1 year to 2 years case or gig bag ASAP wait a couple years! M4, mandolin & ukulele problem occur multiple times Seagull is a glowing testament to the fact research! Handmade acoustic guitars guitars seagull s6 2019 a $ 1500 guitar Seagull has picked up on other manufacturers ’ of! Thing can get loud and fill the entire house with major chords a Surge! Sounds and feels amazing a Canadian company that produces handmade acoustic guitars Canadian company that produces handmade acoustic guitars a. With it Seagull S6 is Seagull ’ s most popular instrument to date Review! Would not let go of my S6 i just love it that produces acoustic.