His sales in his country of birth are about 2.5 million copies a year which have made him very wealthy. Christopher Moore, né le 1 er janvier 1957 à Toledo dans l ’Ohio, est un écrivain américain de roman policier et fantastique. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. . Every James Bond film ranked from worst to best 6. A superb book in every respect, and a challenging and I would add od. Since then, I have yet to read another Christopher Moore book. I enjoyed his Shakespeare satire better than the biblical satire - maybe because Shakespeare lends itself more to that. Search for a topic, destination or article, We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. The Memoirs of a Geisha, written by Arthur Golden, is the first-person story of a geisha working in Kyoto, Japan, and the most popular book set in Asia. It reminded me of the off kilter slightly irreverent humou. Authors Top Books, Humour, Literary Fiction. I really enjoyed the depiction of Joshua (Jesus) as a child, trying to come to grips with his abilities, with whether or not he really is the son of God and what, exactly, that means for him and for his people. Where Am I Wearing? It's too easy to earn praise by casting stones.]. ‘Accidentally Wes Anderson, The Book’ is a nostalgic mix of colors and symmetry, Remembering Anthony Bourdain on the 20th anniversary of ‘Kitchen Confidential’, Transport yourself to remote Scottish islands with these dark detective novels, 12 books by Black women that address racism in America, Purchase your new reading list from these Black-owned bookstores, not Amazon, Alaska’s ‘Into the Wild’ bus was just airlifted away, Page-turning beach reads that’ll keep you entertained this summer, The bus from ‘Into the Wild’ has found a new home in Alaska, Why Martinique Lewis reimagined the Green Book for the modern Black traveler, Download the All in all, it was ok for me. Also loved the friendship between Biff, Joshua and Maggie (Mary Magdalene) as childhood pals, teasing and protecting each other, secure in their places in a tight Jewish community even while they bump against its strictures. Seemingly irrelevant concepts and interjections are seamlessly followed up on throughout the rest of the story. I loved it. Chuck Palahniuk’s Novels, Ranked. It's highly irreverent and very funny. Christopher Moore has 24 books on Goodreads with 1266584 ratings. Would she be offended? The Mental Floss History of the United States - Giveaway (Closed), The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno - Review, The Wishing Trees by John Shors - Giveaway (Closed), If a Tree Falls by Jennifer Rosner - Review, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - Review, Love and Pollywogs from Camp Calamity - Review, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Review *Contains Spoilers*, The Financial Lives of the Poets - Giveaway (Closed), BlogFest 2010 - $20 Book Depository Giveaway (Closed), Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede - Review, Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim - Review, Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri - Review, Awesome Author Challenge Reviews for Sept./Oct. by Jeff Somers / August 16, 2018 at 2:00 pm Share. Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him....”. Does everyone who finished this book love the humour? Start by marking “Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Christopher Moore | 4.08 | 38,634 ratings and reviews, Ranked #40 in Hawaii, Ranked #93 in Marine Biology. * Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. Give Me Moore … But Maybe Not Too Much Moore! I just didn't like it; it got to be a chore to read it, and I wasn't getting anything out of it. Refresh and try again. That said, Moore says “none of [his books] are in any danger of being made into a movie.” Below is the order of Christopher Moore’s novels in order of when they were originally published: Publication Order of Pine Cove Books We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Christopher Moore. The title caught my intrest only because I couldn't figure how anything with a title like that couldn't be picked up and read. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - Review, My Favorite Reads - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, My Favorite Reads - To Kill a Mockingbird, The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver - Review, My Favorite Reads - Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched, Put on Your Crown Audiobook Giveaway (Closed), Moment of Glory - Audiobook Giveaway (Closed), War by Sebastian Junger - Audiobook Giveaway (Closed), Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel - Review, Thursday Night Widows by Claudia Pineiro - Review, Higher Education by Kenneth Jedding - Giveaway, Awesome Author Challenge Reviews For May/June 2010, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell - Review, Making Rounds With Oscar by David Dosa - Review, The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom - Review, Getting the Pretty Back by Molly Ringwald - Review & Giveaway, The Council of Dads by Bruce Feiler - Giveaway, My Favorite Reads - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, The Semantics of Murder by Aifric Campbell - Review, Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas - Giveaway, Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke - Review, What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell - Review, The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli - Review, My Favorite Reads - Misty of Chincoteague, Bone: Out from Boneville (Vol.