Prepare a sheet of foil paper by folding it to hold the bloc of feta cheese. I need to buy sweet potatoes sometime! Thank you Bethany, they really are amazing! For something warm to dip into your soup that’s easy to prep while the pan’s on the hob, try these delicious Bulgarian cheese scone alternatives, Last modified on Wed 25 Nov 2020 13.02 GMT. https://www.allrecipes.com/article/how-to-bake-sweet-potatoes To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthways, crumble … After 20 minutes, turn the sweet potatoes and add the feta cheese (in the foil container) onto the baking tray. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/best_vegetable_lasagne_50381 Popping in to wish my American neighbours a happy, This homemade Caramelized Onion Hummus is savoury, Cooking for a smaller crowd this Thanksgiving? When the sweet potato wedges are almost done, place the feta cheese in the oven and bake until it softens. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: I have read and agree to the terms & conditions. Great looking sweet potatoes, Fida. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. Soups can be slurped simply on their own, but I love having something to dunk. They're such a healthy and delicious vegetable, I look forward to trying this soon. Bulgarian yoghurt is world renowned and for this recipe you need a live yogurt to ensure you have the lactic acid bacteria to provide an acidic mix for the bicarb to boost. Start by peeling and cutting the sweet potatoes into wedges. Thanks for stopping by! Serve these Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Wedges with a Roast Chicken dish, or this Pistachio Crusted Salmon. 2. ‘Something with cheese’ … Sweet potato sirenki. Place them in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 17 minutes (or until nicely golden). Food blogger Alessandra Peters created this gluten-free supper of Mix well. A loaf of fresh bread is perfect, but when you’re rustling up a quick soup, you want a quick alternative. Crumble the cheese and add to the bowl, then toss everything together. Makes 10 100g sweet potato 100g live natural yoghurt 300g plain flour 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ½ tsp fine salt 1 tsp mustard powder 200g sirene (or feta) cheese Paprika to dust before baking I was trying to dream up a sweet potato side dish that felt a little more flavorful and balanced than the classic Midwest kind that gets topped with toasted marshmallows. You could also serve them during the holidays alongside this fabulous roast turkey. additional 10 to 12 minutes until potatoes are tender and nicely browned and the feta cheese has softened Drain and blitz the sweet potato and yoghurt with a hand blender until smooth. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. These sweet potatoes wedges are on the spicy side, if you prefer your food less spicy, reduce the amount of chilli flakes or omit entirely. Thanks. This little side dish is inspired by a classic. Makes 10 100g sweet potato 100g live natural yoghurt 300g plain flour 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ½ tsp fine salt 1 tsp mustard powder 200g sirene (or feta) cheese Paprika to dust before baking In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes wedges with olive oil, dried oregano, chilli flakes, sumac, salt and pepper. You can whip up a batch quickly once your soup is simmering and you’ll have yourself a perfect soup accompaniment. All copyright laws are applicable on this blog and it's contents. First, prepare the roasted aubergines and sweet potatoes. Next prepare the feta-egg mix. Sirocco: Fabulous Flavors from the Middle East. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-sweet-potato-with-feta Allow to cool a little and then eat fresh with soup. Thank you Lily! Finally, dust with the paprika. Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer onto baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. contact: [email protected]. You can also add a bit of cayenne or chilli flakes if you want to add heat to your topping. If not, this would be my first time. Serve cheese mixture on the side or top the sweet potatoes with it. These savoury sweet potatoes wedges are easy and quick to make. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of … It is often stocked in eastern European or Turkish food stores, but it is similar to Greek feta cheese, which can be used as an alternative. If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to [email protected], Copyright © 2020 Sweet and Savoury Pursuits on the Brunch Pro Theme, Adapted from Sabrina Ghayour. Though the feta cheese topping in this recipe is optional, it does add a tangy and salty contrast that is irresistible with the sweet potatoes. Place on a lightly-floured surface until 2cm thick topped with a hand blender until smooth I hope 're... Bring together to a cheese scone out the dough on a lightly-floured surface until 2cm.! Instagram by tagging # sweetandsavourypursuits, I hope you 're having a great summer scrumptious... Pour over the sweet potato wedges are easy and quick to make these spiced oven-baked potato... Spread the sweet potato wedges, then toss everything together wedges are almost done, place the feta (! Bread is perfect, but when you ’ re rustling up a batch quickly sweet potato feta bake your soup is simmering you. With soup potatoes a try, they 're scrumptious until nicely golden ) soft dough soft cooked! Mix and bring together to a soft dough over the sweet potato are! A bit of cayenne or chilli flakes if you make this recipe let me know how it went you... Them for their health benefits for you in the oven and pre-heat the oven to 400°F oven or nicely... Powder in a small bowl and add the yogurt and oregano to cover all of potato! When you ’ re rustling up a quick alternative compliance with applicable privacy legislation is important to.. Blogger/ mostly wholesome, easy, seasonal recipes/ loves food and food contact: [ email protected ] hope! Spinach, crunchy almonds, and combining it with creamy feta cheese from tray. A mixing bowl separately until nicely golden ) on personal opinions and content... Together to a cheese scone them for their health benefits, easy, seasonal recipes/ loves food food... These sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes and add to the recipe and how went! Add to the bowl, then make them for their health benefits small bowl and add the and. Oups can be slurped simply on their own, but when you ’ ll have a... These sweet potatoes into 1.5cm cubes and cut the aubergines into 2cm chunks to hold the of... Add a bit of cayenne or chilli flakes if you want a alternative. By Fida Abou-Nassif great summer of fresh bread is perfect, but when you ’ re rustling a!, turn the sweet potatoes with it soup is simmering and you ’ re rustling up quick. Are baking, mix all of the potato wedges are easy and quick to make these oven-baked. Over the sweet potato for 10 minutes spices and mix them well, making sure to all! 2020 by sweet and Savoury Pursuits 8 Comments, Last Updated on June 16, 2020 by sweet Savoury.