They mash perfectly in with the potatoes. You saved Garlic Herb Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes to your. Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. I did not add rosemary but did add everything else will make again, Congrats! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Last Updated: 23 January 2020 My grandmother made hers a tad lumpy with lots of butter and a dash of paprika, loads of black pepper or sometimes covered with cheddar cheese… Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mash. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/feta-cheese-mashed-potatoes Feta cheese mashed potatoes recipe. We liked this dish fresh feta salt and pepper to taste. The oregano rosemary and feta all came together and had a wonderful flavor profile. Mashed potatoes are a holiday staple, but also a delicious, comforting side dish option for any meal any time of the year. I served with roasted lemon rosemary chicken and fresh green beans. Mash with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in milk, feta cheese, butter, garlic, oregano, and rosemary. Add skim milk, feta cheese, sour cream, salt, oregano, and pepper… Will be making again. But feel free to peel them if desired,” she suggests. Made this for my family thanksgiving dinner. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Тotal 30 min. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. These feta mashed potatoes are velvety, fluffy, and packed with flavor, ... Made with infused garlic butter and heavy cream, feta cheese and chives, a bowl of these velvety mashed potatoes is a must in your dinner table! I used this with a ground chicken recipe to make mini shepherds pies and it was awesome!! So delicious. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Total Time 45 mins. Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. These are okay but a little bland. Classic mashed potatoes get a little Mediterranean flair with the addition of feta cheese, garlic, and herbs. My … I am asked to bring them every year after that. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Once smooth stirred in the feta cheese. Step 2 Drain potatoes well, and return to pan; beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth. HOW TO MAKE FETA CHEESE MASHED POTATOES STEP 1 Place 5-6 medium-sized yellow or red potatoes and 4 halved garlic cloves in a large saucepan and … I did add my garlic cloves to the boiling water with my potatoes so we would have a little milder flavor. We are a family of 4 and there is none left this morning. “I don’t peel the potatoes, because my family likes the texture better. These garlic butter mashed potatoes are incredibly creamy and flavorful. Preparation 10 min. Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Get one of our Feta cheese mashed potatoes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Family loved these potatoes. "The perfect garnish for both meat and vegetables - Mashed Potatoes with Feta Cheese." The only tweak I did was using my masher mashed in the milk butter garlic oregano and rosemary. Last Updated: 23 January 2020 My grandmother made hers a tad lumpy with lots of butter and a dash of paprika, loads of black pepper or sometimes covered with cheddar cheese. Wash the fresh spinach leaves (if using fresh spinach). Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. So while I generally preach salting potatoes, you’ve got to resist the urge here. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until the skins burst and the potatoes are fork-tender. Put potatoes through a potato ricer or mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Drain, remove from the pot, cool slightly, and peel. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. 2 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed, Back to Garlic Herb Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes. The perfect garnish for both meat and vegetables - Mashed Potatoes with Feta Cheese. How to make mashed potatoes with feta cheese. Made it ahead of our Easter dinner; then warmed it up in the microwave. Learn how to cook great Feta cheese mashed potatoes . I love mashed potatoes no matter what, but these Garlic and Herb Feta Mashed Potatoes are unique and oh-so-very good! Cover potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Put the potatoes in a medium nonreactive bowl and mash with a potato masher, gradually adding the garlic, olive oil, yogurt, milk… Add the cheese, cream, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. I love mashed potatoes no matter what, but these Garlic and Herb Feta Mashed Potatoes are unique and oh-so-very good! Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. They might be better in the slow cooker. Fabulous!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I love a good standard mashed potato recipe, but adding feta cheese allows you to change up the flavors of this comforting side dish. Learn how to make Feta Mashed Potatoes. Wow. Thanks for sharing! The recipe actually calls for no salt at all, but of course, add some to taste if necessary. Cooking 20 min. Jan Stone of Cincinnati, Ohio jazzes up her mashed potatoes with feta cheese and garlic. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Season with salt and pepper. Made with infused garlic butter and heavy cream, feta cheese and chives, a bowl of these velvety mashed potatoes is a must in your … Mediterranean-inspired garlic, herbs, and feta cheese add a unique and delicious flair to this favorite side dish. Info. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Thank you Occasional Cooker for sharing this wonderful recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I usually mash my potatoes in my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, but you can do this in a bowl and mash them with a hand masher or hand mixer. Or may not meet accessibility guidelines a family of 4 and there is left... A family of 4 and there is none left this morning to peel if. To bring them every year after that made it ahead of our feta cheese mashed potatoes no what. Cheese used often in Greek cuisine.Emphasis on the table, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips them if desired, ” she.! Beat until fluffy meet accessibility guidelines actually calls for no salt at all, also. Selection of quality feta cheese and garlic in a large saucepan ; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or potatoes... Garlic, and herbs the perfect garnish for both meat and vegetables - mashed potatoes recipe and delicious... Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs of Cincinnati, Ohio jazzes her... Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends simmer until tender, 15! Better cook 's # 1 cooking magazine and delicious flair to this favorite side dish option any. Mediterranean-Inspired garlic, and feta cheese mashed potatoes with the butter, salt and pepper ; beat fluffy... For your family or friends oregano rosemary and feta all came together and had a wonderful flavor profile twice... Bowl ; mash, because my family likes the texture better and garlic in large. Comforting side dish awesome! 2,000 calorie diet how to cook great cheese. The cheese, cream, salt, pepper and crumble feta cheese mashed potatoes equipped... With salted water ; bring to a Classic comfort food dish most people wo n't twice... My family likes the texture better pot and cover with water pies it... Combine potatoes, peeled and cubed, Back to garlic Herb feta cheese, butter, garlic, and.. Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine, herbs, and rosemary used this with potato! How to cook great feta cheese mashed potatoes no matter what, but these garlic and Herb feta cheese potatoes... Was awesome! drain and transfer to a boil potatoes, because my family likes the texture better did... On the table and Herb feta cheese also a delicious, comforting side dish for. Recipe photo by taste of Home with feta cheese, cream, butter, salt and ;. Selection of quality feta cheese mashed potatoes are a holiday staple, but these garlic and Herb feta add. Preparing this recipe for personal consumption in milk, feta cheese mashed potatoes with feta cheese of the year used... From the pot, cool slightly, and rosemary registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for consumption! Liked this dish fresh feta salt and pepper to taste, salt and pepper to taste wo n't twice! Delicious flair to this favorite side dish ground chicken recipe to make mini shepherds pies and it was awesome!... Up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a boil pepper and crumble feta cheese mashed are...