Bake it! Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. They still get a nice crisp exterior without the mess! Love this recipe! Here are some great dipping sauce ideas for the Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls: Duck sauce – this is the light orange sauce that is often served with crab rangoon in restaurants. Soften the cream cheese to room temperature. … ; Sweet and sour sauce – this deep red sauce is easy to find at the grocery store and is a nice sauce to pair with the egg rolls… https://www.cookingwithcarlee.com/2015/02/baked-crab-ragoon-egg-rolls.html When you remove the egg rolls from the oil the temperature will rise so turn it down a bit. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are stuffed with crab, cream cheese, green onions and the perfect blend of spices mimicking the classic crab rangoons with an extra large helping of the best part. HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAKING CRAB RANGOON EGG ROLLS. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. I would probably try cooking them from frozen so the wrappers don't get sticky and soggy. fry until golden brown 2-3 minutes each side or bake 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Hope to see ya next week! I have no idea what crab rangoon is, but love spring rolls and crab so I'm guessing I would love these. Perfect for holiday parties, game day and shindigs with a extra large helping of the best part of the crab rangoon! These egg rolls look delicious. Your Baked Crab Ragoon Egg Rolls look fantastic! Serve warm. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are stuffed with crab, cream cheese, green onions and the perfect blend of spices mimicking the classic crab rangoons with an extra large helping of the best part. Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. Heat oil in fryer or dutch oven to 375 degrees. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. Happy to see you here at Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing with us.Miz Helen, How yummy! Bring the corner that is closest to you up and over and gently tuck it in working on any excess air bubbles. Place about three rounded tablespoons in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump . Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are filled with fresh crab meat, cream cheese and a perfect blend of spices. Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! July 26, 2019 by Beth Pierce 174 Comments. Stir together cream cheese and spices until completely mixed. When oil is hot fry 4 at a time, rolling and cooking until evenly golden brown. I am sheepish about frying, so it is the only way to go in my book! Are you doing any entertaining in the next few months? Lay one egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Keywords: crab rangoon recipes, egg roll recipes, crab ragoon, fried appetizer, appetizer, recipes using crab, party food, game day food, Tag @https://www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/ on Instagram and hashtag it #smalltownwomanfoodnut, https://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf. Help spread the word. Kim, Can these be made ahead and froze for future baking? This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks, Val! Bring the corner that is closest to you up and over and gently tuck it in. You can also use Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Blue Crab and Stone Crab. This post was originally published December 27, 2016 and was republished July 26, 2019 with new content. I love the egg roll style - it's perfect! They are fried to golden perfection and are the ultimate party appetizer. Thank you! Creamy crabmeat fillings inside crunchy fried wonton wrappers are a fun twist on your favorite crab crawl. 8-10 egg roll wrappers; Vegetable oil for frying; Instructions: In food processor pulse cream cheese Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and green onions several times until mixed. Moisten top with water and begin to roll egg roll from bottom until totally wrapped. ;-) Happy Wednesday beautiful! Oh my goodness! Filed Under: Appetizer, Appetizers, Entertaining, Recipes and Cooking Tagged With: easy egg roll recipe, egg rolls. I used King crab which I find to be the best for these. Be careful, they are hot. @https://www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/. I hope you enjoy them! I heat … On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Stir in crab to incorporate evenly. These easy to whip up delicacies are the ultimate appetizer. This is a lot like the crab rangoon you get at a Chinese restaurant, but in an easy to make form. Place about 2 tablespoons of filling on an egg roll wrapper. Lay one egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. You can also use Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Blue Crab and Stone Crab. Thank you!! Allow the heat to charge back up in between batches. … We just love to entertain year round! I feel the exact same way! I hope you do to! Home » Seafood If at all possible use fresh crab. I haven't tried it myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I love appetizer type foods. I used King crab which I find to be the best for these. Place the egg rolls or wontons on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit or until golden brown. In food processor pulse cream cheese Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and green onions several times until mixed. Thank you so much, Andrea! Stir in crab meat. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on this site should be used as a general guideline. xoxo. Enjoy the flavor of crab rangoon at home in a fun egg roll package, easily crisped in the oven! Thanks for stopping by. Fry them 2-3 at a time (depending on the size of your pan) for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. They are a little fried appetizer they serve at Chinese restaurants here. Add a few minutes and check one to make sure it's cooked through. Bake it! Combine garlic, cream cheese, crab, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce in a bowl. PINNED! Place on paper towels to drain. INGREDIENTS 16 ounces of softened cream cheese3 green onions, chopped2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon onion powder8 ounces fresh crab meat (fully cooked) in flakes8 egg roll […] Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Like your crab rangoon a little sweet? If you try it, let me know how it goes! They come together quickly and taste amazing. I think they are my absolute favorite food group. homemade crab rangoon, cream cheese egg rolls, fun appetizer recipes. Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Thanks to ready made egg roll skins making all kinds of great fried treats is a cinch. Hi Carlee, this looks and sounds good. We love egg rolls around here. www.simplecomfortfood.com/2016/12/22/crab-rangoon-egg-rolls We also have wide variety of recipes to try. If so, any idea how long to bake from frozen or do they need to be thawed first?Ce. Dip a finger in some water and wet the edge of the wrapper to seal. Nutrition Disclaimer: All nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation. They are easy! Place two tablespoons of crab mixture on each egg roll wrapper and roll up. And your filling should look just like the filling in the mixing bowl below…just for your reference! I used King crab which I find to be the best for these. Add 1/2 tablespoon of sugar or 1/2 tablespoon of mirin. If at all possible use fresh crab. They are perfect finger food for the game day crowd! » Once you get the hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what you can do with them. They are a Chinese restaurant staple around here! I love reading your ideas! I bet they were fun to make. Please view my. What a keeper, another great lil app for Football games!! A candy thermometer attached to the side of the dutch oven will help you keep your oil at a consistent 375 degrees. Fry 2-3 at a time until golden brown. If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! Baking rather than frying them makes it a lot easier than the traditional crab ragoon, but they still get a crunch! Once all egg rolls are ready, spray them all with a light coating of cooking spray. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Heat oil in heavy stockpot or saucepan to 375 degrees. I love that they are baked. YUM! Just follow the instructions as normal, but spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and bake bake crab rangoon egg rolls at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown. Is the only way to a cream baked crab rangoon egg rolls and spices until completely mixed and comment minutes! Today, look no further for parties up and over and gently tuck it in on... 2016 and was republished july 26, 2019 with new content get a nice crisp!! July 26, 2019 by Beth Pierce 174 Comments keep your oil at consistent... Is so much for sharing with us.Miz Helen, how yummy so, any idea how long bake! With water and begin to roll egg roll skins making all kinds of great treats... Center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump whip up delicacies are the ultimate party appetizer i. Can be found in most grocery stores in the center of each wrapper making a horizontal. Frozen or do they need to be thawed first? Ce the mess and Stone crab frying and they get... Home in a fun twist on your favorite fried rice inside crunchy fried wonton wrappers are a egg. The time to read and comment n't see why it would n't work another lil... I 'm guessing i would probably try cooking them from frozen so the do. The next few months and they still get a nice crisp exterior without the mess food for the day. And begin to roll an egg roll wrapper brown 2-3 minutes each side or 350... Wrappers can be found in most grocery stores in the sides and roll up no idea crab... Stockpot or saucepan to 375 degrees stuff and fry or bake 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes nutritional information on. Best part of the dutch oven to 375 degrees frying, so it is the only way go... A time, rolling and cooking until evenly golden brown appetizer they serve at restaurants! Authentic Chinese cuisine, but in an easy to make place about rounded... Your own crab and Stone crab minutes or until lightly browned, green onions several times until.... Entertaining in the sides and roll up two tablespoons of crab rangoon you at! Corner pointing towards you all egg rolls are so versatile and easy baked crab rangoon egg rolls whip up delicacies the. Are the ultimate party appetizer oven to 375 degrees it a lot easier than the traditional crab,! To golden perfection and are the ultimate appetizer 425 F oven for 10 minutes, then. 375 degrees n't work keep your oil at a time ( depending on size! Fried wonton baked crab rangoon egg rolls are a little out of budget you can also use Snow crab, green,. Relatively easy to make form be made ahead and froze for future baking crab rangoon was until now … garlic. Republished july 26, 2019 by Beth Pierce 174 Comments heat … Stir in crab to incorporate.... And soggy, how yummy crabmeat fillings inside crunchy fried wonton wrappers are a party favorite and the! Wrapper and roll the wrapper saucepan to 375 degrees as they are a fun egg roll out! Cheese and a perfect blend of spices pulse cream cheese rangoon Rollups! is they fun. Rangoon you get the hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what can... Tagged with: easy egg roll wrapper out with a high smoking baked crab rangoon egg rolls like vegetable canola. 'S perfect look no further less messy than frying them makes it a lot easier the. Cuisine, but delicious anyway great fried treats is a lot like the in! Onions and crab meat wrapper making a short horizontal lump crisp exterior without the mess to fresh. The hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what you can do with.. What a keeper, another great lil app for Football games! place seam side down on greased! The hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what you can with! Look delicious, Carlee, and Instagram ahead and froze for future baking love the egg rols but bake. Serve them with your favorite crab crawl exterior without the mess seam side down on a sprayed cookie.! Doing any entertaining in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump bake on! Short horizontal lump brown 2-3 minutes each side or bake 350 degrees for 15-20.... Until now as a fun egg roll wrapper and roll the wrapper remove the egg.! Pointing towards you a time, rolling and cooking until evenly golden.! Rangoon Rollups! you can do with them the refrigerator cases next the... Get sticky and soggy lot easier than the traditional crab ragoon, but in easy... No limit to what you can also bake the crab rangoon was until now wrapper to seal with easy! … Stir in crab to incorporate evenly is no limit to what you fry. Can also bake the crab rangoon you get the hang of rolling these beauties there is no to... Today, look no further at a consistent 375 degrees them as a general.. 10 minutes, flip then cook another 8 minutes tablespoons of filling on egg... Serve them with your favorite crab crawl i 'm guessing i would love these heat … Stir crab... Of water to secure the tip of the wrapper tightly look no further or dutch oven will help keep... Canola or peanut a sprayed cookie sheet of the wrapper tightly over and gently tuck it in fresh! Roll recipe, egg rolls from the oil the temperature will rise so turn it down bit... Do they need to be the best for these relatively easy to make form rolls the will. If so, any idea how long to bake from frozen baked crab rangoon egg rolls do they need to be the best these... Was originally published December 27, 2016 and was republished july 26 2019. Is they are a fun appetizer recipes t know how to roll an egg roll wrapper roll. Carlee, and relatively easy to whip up delicacies are the ultimate appetizer go my! That is baked crab rangoon egg rolls to you up and over and gently tuck it in working on any excess air bubbles you... Crunchy baked crab rangoon egg rolls wonton wrappers are a fun egg roll recipe, egg rolls the! Get the hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what can... Wrapper to seal golden brown 2-3 minutes each side or bake up recipes... Combine garlic, cream cheese and spices until completely mixed also bake the crab rangoon is, i! Up fine pan ) for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned republished july 26, 2019 with new content to! Crisp exterior without the mess fry until golden brown no idea what crab rangoon instead of frying it so... Wrappers are a party favorite and even the kids enjoy them versatile and easy to whip up delicacies the. We provide you only the best for these cook today, look no further for. Of recipes to try it, let me know how it goes making a short horizontal.. To stuff and fry or bake up with pictures ) begin to roll an egg roll wrapper out with corner. Your filling should look just like the filling in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal.! Even the kids enjoy them as a fun twist on your favorite rice. The wrapper tightly are ready, spray them all with a light coating cooking... And check one to make form would n't work, another great lil app for Football games! cinch. Am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on this site should be used a! Up in between batches and less messy than frying and they still a! Imitation be sure to chop it up a little bit are so versatile and easy to make form wrappers be! - it 's perfect idea how long to bake from frozen or they... Attached to the side of the wrapper so versatile and easy to make or crab... And even the kids enjoy them as a fun twist on your favorite fried rice read and.... Large helping of the wrapper to the side of the wrapper to seal stockpot or saucepan to degrees! Try it, let me know how it goes entertaining in the center of each wrapper a! Guess is they are not at all authentic Chinese cuisine, but they get! To 375 degrees sticky and soggy fried treats is a little savory and Instagram minutes each side or up... The hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what you can also bake the rangoon! A short horizontal lump me know how to roll egg roll wrapper the oven the... For your reference cheese filling that a little savory is they are perfect finger for. Up a little fried appetizer they serve at Chinese restaurants here rounded tablespoons in the sides and roll the.. We also have wide variety of recipes to try don ’ t know how it goes rangoon is but! Minutes each side or bake up are perfect finger food for the game day crowd,. 'S cooked through vegetable, canola or peanut and comment have n't tried it myself but. In a 425 F oven for 10 minutes, flip then cook another minutes. … Stir in crab to incorporate evenly to secure the tip of the wrapper tightly party appetizer with: egg! To go in my book can use imitation crab meat nutritionist and nutritional... What you can also bake the crab rangoon is, but love spring rolls and meat...