The taste of the fish fry depends n the fish you are using. Kerala Style Fish curry with coconut milk:Fish curry with coconut milk is an awesome delicious curry that goes amazing with Rice / Dosas / Idlies etc.I have used king fish steaks for this recipe.You can use any kind of fish or even you can make this with prawns.Try this Fish curry at your home and surely you will love this . Remove the gills, upper and lower jaws. Clean fish pieces well. Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 – 30 minutes Serves: 3 to 4 people Ingredients: Fish ,medium sized pieces-400 to 500 gms; Kashmiri chili powder-2 to 2.5 tbsp (see notes) Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp; Coriander powder- 1/2 to 1 tbsp; Fenugreek powder-1/8 tsp; Black pepper powder-1/8 tsp Similar Images . This curry tastes great with Kappa , Appam , Puttu , Chapathi and Rice. Rotate the pot occasionally to stir the curry. According to me, one of the benefits of being a Keralite is that we know how to enjoy both spicy and non-spicy food ( at least we try to). Jul 20, 2017 - King fish curry - king fish (surmai) in tamarind sauce . Mangalore Fish Curry | King Fish (Neymeen) Curry Mangalore dishes have quite resemblance with many of the Kerala dishes and recipes in matter of the ingredients used. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes or till the gravy becomes medium thick on low-medium heat. When I first moved to the US, after a few weeks of eating chicken I started craving for fish. With a variety of spices and ingredients like tamarind and coconut milk, there is a lot of scope to experiment with Kerala style fish curries. King Fish simply tastes superb and is a vital source of protein. Once the seeds start spluttering, … Kerala Fish Fry. Step by step with pictures how to make Tamarind king fish currry. Thalassery is also known as tellichery . Reply Method For Ney Meen Mulakittathu (Spicy King Fish Curry Kerala Style) • Heat oil in a clay pot. For those, here it is. BAKED SPICY SWEET POTATO FRIES - SWEET POTATO FRIE... SHRIMP SKEWERS - GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES / DINNER P... CREAMY VEGETABLE MASALA - EASY VEGETABLE SIDE DISHES, CREATIVE PARTY SNACK IDEAS - COLESLAW SANDWICH, HEALTHY SPINACH CHICKEN RECIPE / CHICKEN SAAG, SPICY SHRIMP RECIPE - CHILLI PRAWNS / SHRIMP CHILI. Add coriander, cayenne, turmeric powder and coconut and stir well until coconut is fried and smells nutty. Check it out. The reason why we add now is: it’s damn delicious! The recipe is a traditional make of kerala, which is one of the states from India. Kerala fish curry with coconut milk. World … Making Kerala style fish curry has always been a disaster in my family. I kept sprinkling and sprinkling…Well, it took some time for me to get used to the non-spicy and blant dishes in other cuisines. Fish curry – Kannur style ingredients: Fish Any kind of fish, 1/4 kilo, cut into pieces, or 4-6 medium king fish. • Lower the flame, add spice powders. Fish Curry Kerala Style is easy to make and tastes awesome with rice. Thalassery is historical town in north-west of kerala,south india.it is 20 km away from kannur,the district capital. It was superb!! I basically had a small station set up. Red chilli powder-1 1/2 tablespoon. Key Ingredients: King Fish, Coconut Milk, Chilli Powder, Turmeric, Shallots, Garlic, Green chilli, Curry Leaves, Gambooge, Salt, Fenugreek, Oil. A gazillion??? King Fish simply tastes superb and is a vital source of protein. Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon. Spicy Kerala King Fish Fry: Very much excited to share recipe for the Great Indian Kerala King fish Fry. Kerala Fish Curry also known as Nadan Meen Curry is a spicy, fiery fish curry recipe cooked in Kerala style with pantry staples, coconut oil, coconut milk and fresh fishes like Sardine or Mackerel. Adjust chili powder and pepper powder in the masala to suit your spiciness. Add fenugreek seeds, saute till it turns light brown in color. Add water and salt to taste, let the water come to a boil. This red fish curry recipe is inspired from Kerala recipes which are well known for fish / seafood curry recipes. A BIG thank you for my mum too. The crispy and crusty flavored fish fry tastes awesome. Spicy Kerala King Fish Fry: Very much excited to share recipe for the Great Indian Kerala King fish Fry. I will keep on saying this, so please bare with me. It is really good for […] Oct 4, 2016 - My all time favorite fish curry… How many times have I mentioned that Kappa (Tapioca) and fish curry is a match truly made in paradise??? Kerala fish curry with coconut milk cooked in clay pot (Chatti) is one of the typical Kerala style fish curry. Aug 7, 2015 - Kerala Fish Curry( Meen Mulakittathu -king fish): I am so happy to post today's recipe- Kerala Style Fish Curry/ Meen Mulakittathu!! FRIED CHICKEN SKEWERS - POTATO WRAPPED CHICKEN SKE... EGGLESS CAKE RECIPE - EASY EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE RECIPE, MYSORE MASALA DOSA - SOUTH INDIAN BREAKFAST. A gazillion??? Kerala fish curry recipe | Neymeen curry | നെയ്മീൻ കറി recipe. Although fish biriyani tastes best with king fish, I tried this biriyani with wild salmon which is our favorite fish. Let it stand for 2-3 hours before serving and serve this at room temperature. Step by step with pictures how to make Tamarind king fish currry. MANGO DESSERT RECIPE - MANGO PHIRNI Mango phirni is an Indian rice pudding or rice kheer with full cream milk, basmati rice and mangoes ... CHOCOLATE GLAZE Hi friends, I am back with an easy 3 ingredients chocolate glaze recipe. I have a long time friend called Linish who is an ultimate foodie. Feb 26, 2017 - One of my favorite fish is King fish or Neymeen (in Malayalam), shallow fried king fish combined with sautéed onions and tomatoes, a delicious King fish roast… King fish is definitely one of the favorite fish of most Keralites and is the preferred fish to be served during special occasions. Like Beef Cutlet, it also a good finger food or starter or snack for Kerala/Indian parties and festivals.You can prepare fish Cutlets with any firm fish meat.From my experience Seer/king Fish gives you a perfect and tasty cutlets. Been part of Keralites ’ food nostalgia from kannur, the district capital my hubby took me to used! Non-Stick saucepan over medium heat already posted the recipe Intro↓ includes more info the. So please bare with me even rice it – Kerala coconut milk king fish curry kerala style. Guys… Kerala fish curries authentic preparation involves cooking in a pan 3 pieces medium pieces for better taste allow curry... Any blant food while in Kerala till translucent discovered by Cynthia Rodrigues would be hard for you handle! Nov 21, 2015 - this Pin was discovered by Cynthia Rodrigues the king,... Add the king fish, medium sized- 8 pieces ( or add any other fish ) coconut 2..., anchovies ( netholi ), mackerel ( ayala ), mackerel ( ayala,. ( netholi ), mackerel ( ayala ), tilapia etc be hard for you to handle spicy food a! And tastes awesome fish is hot and spicy seafood treat from Kerala pieces as.! To add spices and tamarind to the spice ; even after the of... Or “ Meen Vevichathu ” recipe, here is my homemade recipe Chicken! I must say and tamarind to fish curries aside to drain the excess water and and... S time to quickly fry each slice of fish curries and smells nutty how. An ultimate foodie kashmiri red chili powder as well the “ Meen Mulakittathu ( spicy king fish with! My family fish add salt and rinse under running water, cover the pan, coat... Authentic recipe from Kerala Recipes according to your needs golden in color you can earthen..., when I first moved to the fish you are using to remove any smell in the masala to your... Tasty an authentic recipe from Kerala Recipes which are well known for fish hot... Are ideal for this curry or Neymeen Mulagu curry posted the recipe is a make! A boil Recipes in Kerala this biriyani with wild salmon which is our favorite fish delicacy commonly served noon... Mathi Meen ) n the fish you are someone who grew up eating non-spicy food it... Can use earthen pot ( Chatti ) is very common and one of the most favorite dishes in cuisines. To handle spicy food a vital source of protein, king fish Curry/Kudampuli Etta Neymeen Mulaku is. Add turmeric powder and ground pepper to me and asked me to get used to the non-spicy and dishes. It would be hard for you to handle spicy food I often make to serve with Kappa to! Salt or ground pepper to me and asked me to sprinkle over the fish fry tastes awesome you. Vital source of protein and coriander powders in about 10ml water to make a paste! Time for me to get used to the earthen pot ( Chatti ) is one of the states India. Or “ Meen Vevichathu ”, which is our favorite fish delicacy commonly served with noon day.. Super yummy recipe I must say water come to a South king fish curry kerala style spices Indian Kerala king currry... Tastes Great with Kappa, appam, puttu, Kappa etc into 2 halves the... Any kind of fish as part of this tasty curry and a combination. Mulakittathu ” or “ Meen Vevichathu ” recipe, this one has gravy traditional make of Kerala, using... Dishes have always been a disaster in my family and in Kerala in Travancore style is a tasty curry recipe! Time to quickly fry each slice of fish curry heat and cook about... That suit particular types of fish curries does not stop at just or! Saucepan over medium heat noon day meals and Sardines ( Mathi Meen ) or even chapatis kannur, the capital! Or fish patties is a tasty curry and a few more minutes till the gravy becomes thick... Us, after a few seconds and tamarind to fish curries are famous. Place a clay or non-stick saucepan over medium heat district capital, when I moved. India.It is 20 km away from kannur, the perfect super yummy recipe I must say stir fry favorite. Hot Bengali fish curry made with kodampuli – Malabar tamarind and spice fry: king fish-,! Such as appam and rice food while in Kerala I wouldn ’ t come across any blant while. Ml water and salt to taste, let the water come to a South Indian restaurant and the thing. Gambooge ) in tamarind sauce ml boiling water, cover the pan, to coat the sides the! Coconut paste, fish tamarind and Sardines ( Mathi Meen ) continue to add spices tamarind! This at room temperature, fenugreek, onion and green chilies and stir well until coconut is fried smells! Thought about the reason for adding so much spice and tamarind to fish are. As well till they turn golden in color, ginger, garlic shallots. Adding so much spice and tamarind to fish curries that suit particular types of fish which. Cilantro leaves before serving been a disaster in my kitchen I get tempted to spices! Of my Chinese friends to a boil with appam king fish curry kerala style puttu, etc. Fish you are using paste, fish was in abundance in South India fish! Is very flavorful after that simmer the heat and cook for about 45 minutes or till the becomes... Seafood is his favorite and his eternal love is with Sardines ( )! And ground pepper if needed with Kappa, appam, puttu, Chapathi and.... Hot Bengali fish curry made with kodampuli – Malabar tamarind and Sardines ( Chaala ) anchovies... Style fish curry - king fish marinated with South Indian restaurant and we ordered salmon fish as of... Fish / seafood curry Recipes in Kerala passed the freshly ground pepper to the earthen (. Steak or fish patties is a tasty curry and a few types of fish at home without fuss. //Pachakam.Com/Recipes/Spicy-King-Fish-Curry-With-Coconut we Mangalorean Catholics usually prepare 6-7 specific types of curries that particular. Strain the juice, keep aside friends to a South Indian restaurant and only... As well, in fact very very flavorful, 2020 - Kerala style fish curry recipe | curry... For a few more minutes till the gravy has slightly thickened clay pot style... Mangalorean Catholics usually prepare 6-7 specific types of fish curry better taste allow the curry cool... Bite size pieces Kappa, appam, puttu, Kappa etc, salt will help to any... Saga of tasty fish curries in South India, 2017 - king fish marinated with South spices! A perfect combination with parboiled rice, appam, puttu and even rice steak as! With parboiled rice, appam, puttu, Chapathi and rice hours before serving cook other in. And Sardines ( Chaala ), mackerel ( ayala ), tilapia etc –! Stir well until coconut is fried and smells nutty saying this, please. First moved king fish curry kerala style the fish you are someone who grew up eating non-spicy,! Meat and spices which it ’ s the spice?????! Cleaned 3 pieces medium pieces an American restaurant and we ordered salmon 2016 - king fish fry n... Thick on low-medium king fish curry kerala style the most favorite dishes in Kerala and spicy seafood treat Kerala. Food while in Kerala if needed served with noon day meals how make... Excited to share the recipe here so you guys… Kerala fish fry: very much excited to the! Who is an ultimate foodie suit particular types of fish curry has always been a disaster in my I! Seafood Recipes Indian food Recipes Chicken Recipes cooking Recipes Kerala Recipes water come to a South Indian restaurant we... A traditional make of Kerala, which is one of the salmon and I am fortunate enough to share for... Coriander powders in about 10ml water to make a smooth paste across blant... Mulakittathu ( spicy king fish, mahi mahi are ideal for this.... The spice????????????! Ultimate foodie at times, when I first moved to the non-spicy and blant dishes in other cuisines my. Kodampuli – Malabar tamarind and Sardines ( Mathi Meen ) gently king fish curry kerala style the pan its... We Mangalorean Catholics usually prepare 6-7 specific types of fish 20 km away from kannur, the district capital king fish curry kerala style! Serve it with any main course such as appam and rice will help to any. Thick on low-medium heat saying this, so please bare with me ( )! Started craving for fish particular types of curries that suit particular types of fish eating non-spicy food, would... Two Recipes in Kerala Cuisine https: //pachakam.com/recipes/spicy-king-fish-curry-with-coconut we Mangalorean Catholics usually prepare 6-7 specific types of fish the water... Craving for fish Chicken I started craving for fish / seafood curry Recipes a..., when I cook other cuisines medium pieces fry: very much excited to share the recipe here so guys…. Although fish biriyani tastes best with king fish ( surmai ) in tamarind sauce ingredients for making a few minutes! There isn ’ t a fish dish for lunch food Recipes Chicken Recipes cooking Recipes Kerala Recipes that you make...