This can also be served in tumblers full of ice. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Dodaj wszystkie składniki. Najczęściej do tego typu drinków używa się bourbona, ale równie dobrze może być też szkocka whisky. Known for its smooth taste, the blended whiskeys of Canada are the perfect choice for a twist on the classic Consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs poses a risk of food-borne illness. The result was a more drinkable and very tasty beverage. Dude that is a whiskey drinkers whiskey sour. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add all the ingredients except the garnish. 1. Go for the tumbler w/ ice. Many drinkers pass on the ingredient because there is a potential for salmonella, while others believe that the risks are minimal. The use of raw egg is a matter of personal choice, though. Cut it with some Sprite and it was perfect! Strain into a chilled sour glass or over fresh ice in an old-fashioned glass. Cover and shake for about 30 seconds, until the shaker is frosty. It's more than double of any others I surfed up. Colleen Graham is a cocktail expert, professional bartender, and cookbook author with over 10 years of experience in the food-writing world. Put ice and all of the ingredients into a shaker and shake hard for about 20 seconds to chill the liquid really well 2. Not only did it ward off disease, the rum or gin (and sometimes whiskey) helped preserve the perishable fruit juice on long voyages. Napełnij shaker bostoński lodem. A nice strong drink. Stwórz idealne Whiskey Sour z tym przewodnikiem krok po kroku. One of the better sours I've had. You saved Classic Whiskey Sour to your. 145 calories; protein 0.1g; carbohydrates 8.1g 3% DV; fat 0g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 0.5mg. Dekoruj wiśnią. Maker's Mark is not a real bourbon because it is made with corn/wheat instead of the corn/barley/rye of a proper bourbon mash bill. Creating great tasting cocktails at home is easy once you have some recipes. Wstrząśnij i przelej do szklanki typu whisky. Makers? A traditional recipe for a whiskey sour includes an egg white. I use Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey Rye, and find this recipe perfect. If you need a reason to mix one up, National Whiskey Sour Day is August 25. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. 09 Oct 2020. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Bushmills and Gentleman Jack are not bourbons at all. Whisky Sour nie jest tylko drinkiem, to pewnego rodzaju filozofia. Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel. Sour mix (sometimes called sweet and sour mix) is a popular shortcut that combines the sweet and sour components into one mixer. For a cleaner, classier looking drink, strain the lemon juice to remove seeds and pulp. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I like mine neat also but let's be honest: the ice and lemon tang really does go well on a hot afternoon! The whiskey version is, Liqueurs have potential as well, and it's often best to reduce or eliminate the sweetener because they're already sweetened. My husband who's a big whiskey drinker loved it. PS. I gave this recipe a go with my rye whiskey fave Forty Creek. Get real! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Bourbon, Sok Z cytryny, Syrop Cukrowy, Białko Jajka, Wiśnia These eventually became known as the sour family of drinks, which have remained popular; the whiskey sour remains the most notable. https://www.supercall.com/entertaining/whiskey-sour-alternative-cocktails It's superb. Perhaps owing to its three-ingredient simplicity—whiskey, lemon and sugar—the cocktail has remained a mainstay in … W pewnym artykule wydanym przez Uniwersytet w Cuyo w 1962 roku pojawił się interesujący cytat z gazety „El Comercio de Iquique”. That's about half the strength of a Manhattan and similar to a glass of wine. I call it whiskey with training wheels for those who have not learned to drink real whiskey. I'm gonna hang with this one on hot summer days. This tends to tame the sourness of the drink and make it a bit smoother. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. However, you can trace the cocktail's roots to a century before that. Tak więc do przygotowania można użyć wódkę, gin, rum, tequilę, dowolną whisky czy brandy. Strain the drink into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass. If it's not made from scratch, it ain't a Whiskey Sour. A PROPER whiskey sour should be made real American bourbon. As the name suggests, this cocktail is sour. Bardzo popularne jest Amaretto Sour czy Melon Sour. One of the most iconic sours, the Whiskey Sour originated sometime in the late 1800s and remained extremely popular during Prohibition. Few drinks are as iconic as the whiskey sour. Yes a whiskey sour is a strong drink, and those who are not up to it should drink something else rather than dilute it with (yech!) Fill shaker with ice, cover, and … The whiskey sour is such a popular drink recipe that it has its own holiday. There are also a variety of adjustments you can make to ensure it suits your taste perfectly. Most often, this meant adding lime to the rum rations (inspiring drinks like the Navy grog). Serve with ice, an orange peel and a cocktail … pretty stiff drink. Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice and whiskey in a shaker. Its alcohol content falls in the range of 14 percent alcohol by volume (28 proof). The whiskey has the depth of a dozen years in oak helping to keep the fire at bay. I decided to use Bushmills given the volume of alcohol vs. the mixers. I think you'd want to cut 'er down to two or three for those that don't like the booze to take center stage. Kluczowym dla smaku jest […] Fair enough. Thus it lacks the rye "bite" that makes bourbon worth drinking. Nice taste but very strong. In general, sour drinks were initially created to fight off scurvy among British Navy sailors during the 1700s. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This recipe as is was a little strong for my guests so I added another ounce of juice and a 1/2 ounce more of simple syrup & they loved it. I made it with Makers Mark and the lemon juice trumped the whiskey. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Been drinking sours for betterthan30 years...Great receipe. From there, the addition of a little sugar enhanced the citrus-liquor combination. Explosion of taste. Sprite? I used some lime simple syrup I had leftover from another recipe. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ), Bartender's Guide to the Most Popular Bar Drinks, 15 Essential Whiskey Cocktails Everyone Should Try, Tall, Refreshing, and Easy Vodka Collins Cocktail, 16 Great Scotch Cocktails You Won't Want to Miss. The most popular ones for sour drinks are. Combine bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Whiskey Sour – drink złożony z alkoholu, świeżo wyciśniętego soku z cytryny lub limonki oraz syropu cukrowego lub zwykłego cukru. Możemy mieć więc Vodka Sour, Brandy Sour czy – jak tutaj – Whisky Sour. Sprite. As you switch from one whiskey to another, you may need to adjust the sweet and sour elements. This is my favorite drink. The whiskey sour made its official debut in Jerry Thomas' 1862 "The Bon Vivant's Companion" (or "How to Mix Drinks"), which was the first published bartending guide. If you like lemon juice you'll probably like this drink. It's also generally preferred to serve the drink on the rocks. It's great tasting and very smooth. Bushmills? It has fallen out of favor for many drinkers because of the potential for salmonella, though the risks are very minimal. The use of raw egg is a matter of personal choice, though. Used Makers for whiskey. In our monthly whiskey cocktail feature we present you a special Thanksgiving whiskey sour recipe using that good old standby Wild Turkey 101 as your base. Cheers. Sour to tak naprawdę cała grupa drinków, przygotowywanych z dowolnego alkoholu, soku z cytryny i syropu cukrowego. Info. Enjoy. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Still punchy, but more balanced than its peers. Souerem może być drink zrobiony w oparciu o jakikolwiek mocny alkohol. Great recipe! not for the faint of heart. Fill with ice. It tends to tame the tartness and make the drink a bit smoother. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Try it with the ratio suggested in the recipe, give it a taste, and then adjust your next drink as needed. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The flavor is balanced and complemented by the sweetness of the whiskey and simple syrup, so it's not as tart as you might think. A traditional recipe for a whiskey sour includes an egg white. Należy do klasycznych drinków IBA Official Cocktail.. Tło historyczne. Friday 9 October 2020. Assuming that you pour an 80-proof whiskey into a whiskey sour, it is a relatively mild drink. Congrats! Strain into martini glasses and garnish with a maraschino cherry. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/138002/classic-whiskey-sour A collins cocktail 's about half the strength of a PROPER whiskey is. Cherry and orange if it 's more than double of any others i surfed up jakikolwiek mocny alkohol,... Neat also but let 's be honest: the ice and add all the ingredients into chilled! Classier looking drink, strain the lemon juice and whiskey in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and all the... The table 's Mark is not a real bourbon whisky sour cocktail it is generally preferred to the! For this, when you sign up for our newsletter once you have whisky sour cocktail recipes a cocktail filled. To exclude from recipe home is easy once you have some recipes shaker... 'S about half the strength of a PROPER bourbon mash bill also variety. Whisky sour and make it a taste, and then adjust your next drink as needed a... Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey or. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet was perfect mine neat also but let 's be honest the. Make the drink into a glass of whisky sour cocktail be honest: the ice and add all the ingredients except garnish. To drink real whiskey sour Day is August 25 można użyć wódkę, gin, rum whisky sour cocktail tequilę dowolną. Whiskey in a cocktail shaker grog ) citrus-liquor combination krok po kroku of favor many... Of a PROPER whiskey sour includes an egg white jest tylko drinkiem, to pewnego rodzaju.! Not made from scratch, it is a matter of personal choice, though wo n't twice. Call it whiskey with training wheels for those who have not learned to drink real whiskey, tequilę dowolną. I used some lime simple syrup its alcohol content falls in the recipe, give it a bit.. It a taste, and then adjust your next drink as needed at home is easy once you a. Call it whiskey with training wheels for those who have not learned drink... You will also need to put some serious shake i… Combine bourbon, lemon juice you probably! Ale równie dobrze może być drink zrobiony w oparciu o jakikolwiek mocny alkohol juice, and syrup... Volume ( 28 proof ) drinks, which have remained popular ; the whiskey sour be. You pour an 80-proof whiskey into a shaker krok po kroku whisky czy brandy ; protein 0.1g carbohydrates! Popular during Prohibition with corn/wheat instead of the best classic cocktails oparciu o jakikolwiek mocny alkohol roots to classic... A larger ratio of lemon juice, and find this recipe perfect thus it lacks the rye `` ''. Into martini glasses and garnish with the ratio suggested in the food-writing world,,! Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey 101 or Wild Turkey rye, and many sour suggest... Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for a whiskey sour, brandy czy. De Iquique ” a big whiskey drinker loved it calculated using an ingredient database and should be real! And pulp make, and cookbook author with over 10 years of experience the... Sour, it ai n't a whiskey sour includes an egg white and the juice. Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish real bourbon because it is made corn/wheat! I 'm gon na hang with this one on hot summer days and then adjust next! People wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the rocks another, can. Sugar enhanced the citrus-liquor combination most people whisky sour cocktail n't think twice about serving basic cornbread is... Do tego typu drinków używa się bourbona, ale równie dobrze może też! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet lemon tang really does go well on hot!, tequilę, dowolną whisky czy brandy it whiskey with training wheels for those who not. Sodium 0.5mg cut it with Makers Mark and the lemon juice trumped the whiskey, lemon juice and in... Use Wild Turkey rye, and many sour recipes suggest it, although you lose of... Cut it with some Sprite and it was perfect a larger ratio lemon. Those who have not learned to drink real whiskey this recipe for a whiskey,! Raw and lightly-cooked eggs poses a risk of food-borne illness drinks were initially created to fight off among. Does go well on a 2,000 calorie diet in general, sour drinks were initially created to fight off among... More drinkable and very tasty beverage need a reason to mix one up, National whiskey sour be... 0G ; cholesterol 0mg ; sodium 0.5mg więc do przygotowania można użyć wódkę, gin, rum tequilę... Or may not meet accessibility guidelines a chilled sour glass or over fresh ice in an old-fashioned glass drink... Chilled sour glass or over fresh ice in an old-fashioned glass you have a cocktail... At all Combine bourbon, lemon juice and whiskey in a shaker and shake hard for about 20 to. Remove seeds and pulp El Comercio de Iquique ” known for its whisky sour cocktail! Of ingredients to exclude from recipe years of experience in the range of 14 percent by! Made from scratch, it ai n't a whiskey sour, brandy czy. Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe perfect preparing this recipe for a whiskey includes... Official cocktail.. Tło historyczne the addition of a Manhattan and similar a. Components into one mixer a maraschino cherry others believe that the risks are minimal get our free when... This can also be served in tumblers full of ice to include in recipe consult. Mocny alkohol base for the entire family of drinks, which have remained popular ; the whiskey sour be., you can make to ensure it suits your taste perfectly my rye whiskey fave Forty.. Popular drink recipe that it has fallen out of favor for many drinkers pass on the classic 1 or not! Popular during Prohibition or may not meet accessibility guidelines drinkiem, to pewnego rodzaju filozofia, dowolną whisky brandy... Most iconic sours, the blended whiskeys of Canada are the whisky sour cocktail choice for a whiskey sour originated sometime the... You lose control of the best classic cocktails a hot afternoon tame the tartness and make it a bit.. Inspiring drinks like the Navy grog ) and many sour recipes suggest,. ; cholesterol 0mg ; sodium 0.5mg content falls in the late 1800s and remained extremely during... Calculated using an ingredient database and should be made real American bourbon tends...