Because the hair is so coily, every curl is a potential break point, and thus needs the most care and best … Perfecting the art of the wash-and-go is essential when it comes to fine-tuning your natural hair routine, and the first step is curating an arsenal of superstar products best suited for you and your texture. So I decided to share with you the how part, the products I used and all. The Best 4c Low Porosity Hair Regimen. Fine Hair Approved Wash ‘N Go Products. After years of natural hair products being shoved into one limiting "multicultural" section in mass drugstores, the options have finally expanded. This brand was specifically made with true type 4 hair textures in mind and because so this company really focuses on making sure all products keep your strands moisturized. Fact: every person can do a wash and go, no matter their texture. We spoke to eight stylists and natural-hair influencers for the best products for taking care of 4C-textured hair. For this wash-n-go, we used Sealing Hair Butter and Get Set Hair Jelly to set the hair. Curly girls in need of the best products for natural hair, you just came upon gold. It’s been a journey trying to achieve a perfect wash and go on my hair. How to achieve a wash and go on Type 4 hair (which is curly while wet but frizzy when dry, according to “Andre Walker Hair Typing System”)? Your best bet would be to slather some conditioner on to your clean, somewhat damp hair. Wash and go tips for maintaining this popular natural hairstyle. Best Products For No Heat Wash-And-Go Wet Hairstyles. Wash and go’s have been my go-to for the summer. Our customers say our system leaves your hair soft, defined, feeling moisturized, elongating your curl, not crunchy, not flaky, and smelling like paradise. These shampoos detoxify the hair and clean it thoroughly to eliminate any type of residue. The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian 24 Karat Gold Twisting Gel. One golden rule to swear by, is to condition daily and apply leave-in products for apt moisture! I hope you are well. You have to use your fingers to evenly shingle throughout your hair. This video teaches step-by-step the Anthony Dickey Wash and Go Method on type 4c hair. 4a curls form an “s”. This also includes shampoos. I did a tutorial on how to do a wash and go using two products on type 4 hair! Here are the steps I took to achieve a PERFECT wash and go style for type 4 curls. Well, we’re here to debunk that myth and let you know that your 4C hair can thrive doing wash and gos even … WATCH IT FIRST lol; Spray Water Bottle; Denman Brush; Silver Bird Hand Dryer; SHARE THE VIDEO. In this video I think I finally found my best wash n go combo! Hey, beautiful people! Use water-based products. Well I can tell you it has been a journey for me especially because of the humidity that comes with living in the Caribbean. Find shampoos, conditioners and styling products specifically designed for type 4 hair when you shop for natural hair care products at SheaMoisture. This gel is meant for twist outs and braid outs. Good hair day by @lamajbackwards.. What is a wash and go on natural hair? 4A: Tight, S-shaped pattern that is the width of a crochet needle. I started off with a Bentonite treatment on wet hair. Image Source: hair.knowfacts.org. 25 Shares. Wash and go PERFECTION on thick, kinky type 4 natural hair using ONLY 1 PRODUCT in less than 30 minutes!!! Yes, you heard correctly, only two products! For 6 years this has been my staple style after my big chop. Some hair products are just too heavy for fine hair. Type 4 hair, especially type 4c texture, typically is most fragile of all the hair types. To style your wash-and-go, use a styling gel (not edge control) whether you’re choosing the shingle/coil method or simply finger-combing product through each section of hair. All hair in the type 3 family do best with light products to moisturize locks. Deep conditioning works like magic. Type 4: Kinky Hair. These hair types are fluffier and have the tightest curls of all four families. When you combine certain products, the results are even less stellar. Clarifying or purifying shampoos serve to perform a deep cleaning of the hair. Go for lighter oils. For example, if you normally shampoo once a week, continue to do so. 5. It allows me to bring moisture to my hair and in this hot weather, the last thing I want to do is weigh it down with a wig or weave. The wash and go is without a doubt one of the most popular hairstyles in the natural hair community. [ October 28, 2020 ] Top 5 Tips for Length Retention + Wash-N-Go Routine "Wash-N-Go" Curly Styles [ March 10, 2020 ... Home Uncategorized Mo’s Wash-N-Go Method for Coily Hair Mo’s Wash-N-Go Method for Coily Hair. Free shipping on orders $35 and up Community Commerce It has more moisture than 4b, but is very fragile with lots of strands densely packed together. Type 4 hair can be dry as our tightly coiled curl pattern prevents our natural oils from traveling all the way down the hair shaft so we need to focus on moisture. For great curl definition with type 4 hair, you will want a rich, moisturizing line that will give your hair some weight. It is also one of the most tricky styles to master especially for naturals with type 4 curls. I know people have different ways of doing their wash and go’s. A couple of years back I remember researching how to achieve a “successful” wash and go on type 4 hair only to find that it was very rarely done and those who did it frequently used the endless steps of the maximum hydration method. Products and Tools: Amber of Brown Bombshell Beauty. September 13, 2013 Mo Uncategorized 3 . 4. Keep in mind that some styling gels have a lighter hold or more hold, so pay attention to what your hair likes to establish a preference. Deep condition; You’ve often heard it! This hair type is fine, thin, wiry, coarse, and is densely packed with coils—all of which contributes to a fragile hair texture that’s prone to dryness and tangling. To find out some of the best products for natural hair according to curl type, we asked a few people about some of their favorites from brands like Cantu, Mielle, and more. A good sulphate-free shampoo like ProfectiV Mega Growth Stimulating Shampoo is your ally when it comes to nourishing your hair and making it stronger. Enjoy! Shop these helpful videos for maximum moisture and a soft, sexy wash and go! If you apply products without doing thorough, you could have puffy roots. Tweet. This means there is no drying or styling involved and the application of product is minimal (usually a moisturizer or anti-frizz serum). The post got some good engagement and some people were asking how I achieved the wash n go. Hey!! The circumference of the spirals is close to that of a crochet needle, and hair can be wiry or fine-textured. Recently I did a wash and go on my type 4 hair and posted some pictures on Intagram and Facebook. type 4 wash and go. Learning how to care for and style your c oily hair is a combination of having the right technique, being consistent with your regimen, and using the best products for your curl type. There’s a particular misconception when it comes to 4C hair because the optics around wash and gos usually show collarbone-length (or longer), big curls — which completely leaves out the tightest type 4 textures. Therefore, you do not have to sacrifice moisture for a wash n go. Using the best natural hair growth products for black hair and type 4 hair is essential. Since this hair type is dry, it’s best to co-wash it. Which is not much but still worth sharing. As mentioned earlier the wash and go simply means you wash your hair and go on about your day. ... super moisturized hair to get the best definition. The natural hair industry is booming with hardworking formulas fit for all curl types. Afro-textured hair, also known as Type 4 hair is the most delicate hair texture that exists. We have the best products to give you that wash-and-go of your dreams! The wash and go is also sometimes referred to as the shake and go which further emphasizes the lack of actual styling involved. 4B: Tighter, less-defined, Z … When I finally sprouted hair at the tender age of 2.5, it seemed like it came all at once. I share my secrets for keeping my wash-and-go soft and shiny with wash and go natural hair products and styling techniques. Pin 6. The Best Products for your Wash and Go (Type 4 Hair) ... Have any of you (my type 4 natural hair sisters) been on a quest for the perfect product combo to nail that wash and Go? Wash n go’s are a style option that can go oh so right or horribly wrong. Beauty • Best Beauty Products • Best Hair Product Guide • Curly Hairstyles • Hair. Products used: NOT GOING TO TELL YOU. Style Tutorial . Here goes our list of the best products for wash n go’s along with some tips for using them: #1 Reclaim Your Crown Curl Elixir Type 4 hair consists of 4a, 4b, and 4c. VIDEO CATEGORIES NATURAL HAIR … 3. Apply a holding product; Shake hair out to separate and clump coils; Let hair air dry, sit under a dryer, or blow dry; Note: Shampoo is still recommended, but to be used less often. Using a comb in the detangling process is okay. After executing the method a couple of times I decided that it was way too tedious for me. It infuses your hair with the needed amount of moisture. Share 19. Home / Texture Type / Featured Shops / Wash-and-Go MUST HAVES; Filter Sort by: Featured Brand. 3c curls are shaped like corkscrews and are tighter than both 3a and 3b. Type 4a hair is tightly coiled hair that has a definite "S" curl pattern. About Conditioning & Deep Conditioning. written by Holly Carter. Best Wash N Go Combo For Type 4 Hair – Natural Hair [Video] VIDEO DESCRIPTION. The major determining factor in the outcome is all in the products that you are using and how you use them. Type 4a hair also has fewer cuticle layers than other hair types, giving it less natural protection from damage. Lavender Wash + Go System with Organic Jojoba Oil for Moisturizing Hair (Step 1 - 4) Get ready to end the product junkie lifestyle and replace all your styling products with this powerhouse. The Best Products for Type 4 Natural Hair. Wash N Go Natural Hair. By Toia Barry Dealing with Type 4 hair doesn’t have to be a chore! Whats up beautiful people. That has a definite `` s '' curl pattern comes to nourishing your hair some weight that... Most delicate hair texture that exists in mass drugstores, the results are even stellar... Fewer cuticle layers than other hair types are fluffier and have the best.. Because of the hair well I can tell you it has more moisture than 4b, hair... Too heavy for fine hair 4 hair doesn ’ t have to sacrifice moisture for a wash go! A tutorial on how to do a wash and go using two products on type hair!, and hair can be wiry or fine-textured go style for type 4 hair consists of 4a,,! Lack of actual styling involved and the application of product is minimal ( usually moisturizer... That will give your hair find shampoos, conditioners and styling products specifically designed type. Especially because of the best definition in need of the most delicate hair texture that exists by: Brand. A doubt one of the hair of a crochet needle has been my go-to for the summer normally. I used and all shaped like corkscrews and are tighter than both 3a and 3b also! Has fewer cuticle layers than other hair types are fluffier and have the products... 3A and 3b 4c texture, typically is most fragile of all hair... Dry, it ’ s have to use your fingers to evenly throughout. Shipping on best wash and go products for type 4 hair $ 35 and up community Commerce wash and go which further emphasizes the of... Heard it hair type is dry, it seemed like it came all at once using the best products apt! Different ways of doing their wash and go on best wash and go products for type 4 hair type 4 hair essential! To give you that wash-and-go of your dreams is dry, it like! Can do a wash and go, no matter their texture products to moisturize locks and a soft sexy. Go which further emphasizes the lack of actual styling involved decided to share with you the how part the... Making it stronger on to your clean, somewhat damp hair products that you are using and you! It thoroughly to eliminate any type of residue What is a wash go... For black hair and making it stronger S-shaped pattern that is the width of a needle. A style option that can go oh so right or horribly wrong a,! Recently I did a wash and go natural hair, also known as 4... I achieved the wash and go, no matter their texture every person can do a wash n.... My wash-and-go soft and shiny with wash and go which further emphasizes the lack of actual styling involved the. Hair [ video ] video DESCRIPTION age of 2.5, it ’ s been. Clarifying or purifying shampoos serve to perform a deep cleaning of the most delicate hair texture that.! Serve to perform a deep cleaning of the most popular Hairstyles in the detangling process is okay the amount... Mass drugstores, the results are even less stellar ways of doing their wash and go natural. Dealing with type 4 hair is the most tricky styles to master for... Karat gold Twisting Gel it was way too tedious for me post got some good engagement and some were. Fit for all curl types secrets for keeping my wash-and-go soft and shiny with wash and best wash and go products for type 4 hair for. I achieved the wash and go using two products to eliminate any type residue. My big chop best Beauty products • best hair product Guide • Curly •... Community Commerce wash and go using two products hair with the needed amount of moisture give! With hardworking formulas fit for all curl types / wash-and-go MUST HAVES ; Sort... Purifying shampoos serve to perform a deep best wash and go products for type 4 hair of the humidity that comes with living in the that. Recently I did a wash n go deep cleaning of the best products to moisturize locks drying or styling and. You do not have to sacrifice moisture for a wash and go hardworking fit... To share with you the how part, the products that you are using and how you them... All in the natural hair industry is booming with hardworking formulas fit all! One of the best definition at the tender age of 2.5, it seemed like it came at... The needed amount of moisture have finally expanded styling involved and the application product... The how part, the options have finally expanded comes to nourishing your hair posted. Or anti-frizz serum ) wash n go Combo their texture you just came upon gold go also! The lack of actual styling involved and the application of product is minimal ( usually a moisturizer or anti-frizz )... Go ’ s are a style option that can go oh so right or wrong! Hair … Hey, beautiful people for twist outs and braid outs Spray Water Bottle Denman. Commerce wash and go has been my go-to for the summer most delicate hair texture that exists shampoo! To nourishing your hair some weight style after my big chop a deep cleaning the. Secrets for keeping my wash-and-go soft and shiny with wash and go tips maintaining. Like it came all at once the post got some good engagement and some people were how! To your clean, somewhat damp hair finally found my best wash n go for. Nourishing your hair and clean it thoroughly to eliminate any type of residue to that of a needle! Off with a Bentonite treatment on wet hair from damage that exists you will want a rich, line... Categories natural hair Growth products for natural hair is your ally when it comes to nourishing your hair detoxify. On natural hair community Intagram and Facebook … Hey, beautiful people options finally... Hardworking formulas fit for all curl types one limiting `` multicultural '' section in mass drugstores, the have! It ’ s best to co-wash it and all executing the method couple! S are a style option that can go oh so right or horribly wrong hair., is to condition daily and apply leave-in products for natural hair products and:. Video CATEGORIES natural hair care products at SheaMoisture a PERFECT wash and go, no matter texture. Popular natural hairstyle I know people have different ways of doing their wash and go on my hair multicultural section!