Spread the remaining butter on the other side of the sandwiches. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Spread each bottom half with 2 tbsp fig orange spread. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn a commission. Prosciutto and fig wrapped brie fig prosciutto and brie panini stephie cooks fig brie prosciutto tarts la fuji mama fig brie prosciutto pizza recipe on food52 Whats people lookup in … Top with baby spinach, sliced brie, prosciutto, sliced fresh fig and sliced Quke®. Totally worth the money. Find authentic Italian recipes, food reviews, and stories of family and traditions. Cover with remaining bread slice, mayonnaise side up. Menu, hours, photos, and more for Delectica located at 564 3rd Ave, New York, NY, 10016-3106, offering Breakfast, Smoothies and Juices, Coffee and Tea, Sandwiches and … I was thinking that a grilled brie and fresh fig sandwich would also be great. With half a wedge of brie in the fridge leftover from some tea sandwiches I made last weekend, I thought I may as well make my own version of the sandwich. I want it all! This Brie, Fig & Prosciutto Pizza has earthy, sweet, salty and cheesy flavors in every bite. Top with the top slice of 8 pieces, and serve. Then spread fig paste or fig jam on the top half of the bread; place on the bottom half. Top each sandwich bottom with 3 slices prosciutto, sliced brie cheese, and a leaf of lettuce. I highly recommend making this brie, fig, prosciutto grilled cheese. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over each top … How to Make Brie, Prosciutto and Fig Jam Appetizer First, preheat oven to 350F. prosciutto, arugula, ciabatta rolls, brie, fig jam, green apple I originally had a version of this sandwich at Salto Coffee Works in our town of Nederland, Colorado. They make cheese and charcuterie boards to order, sell meats and cheeses by the pound, have a whole wall of wine, and are stocked with all the other fixin’s to make your own exquisite cheese boards. Sheep. And if you’re ever in Charleston, you should totally stop by Goat. I love the perfect balance of a sweet and salty entree, and I will choose it almost every time. Make rosemary fig confit: In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan stir … We have an Earth Fare and a Harris Teeter that have really nice ones! If you’re too generous, the jam will squish out of the sides when eating the sandwich. Figs, brie, and prosciutto are a fabulous topping combination for thin-crust pizzas and flatbreads. Spread the fig jam on the top side of the bread. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Spread cut sides of bread with confit and make 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and Brie. Preparation Split the rolls in half horizontally. Remember, it’s a compliment to the sandwich, not the main event, so not too much. (This recipe for Brie Grilled Cheese was originally published in April 2012, but was updated with new photos and content in 2018). Cover with remaining bread slice, mayonnaise side up. Fold each slice of prosciutto in thirds so that it fits the width of the bread and line the base of the French bread with it. Nigella's simple but delicious Toasted Brie, Parma Ham and Fig Sandwich, the ideal midnight snack! And that means I missed out on about three years worth of possible sandwiches-of-the-day while I worked downtown. If you want to feel like you are in France (not that I know what that’s like), I highly suggest you make this prosciutto and brie sandwich with fig orange spread. Ingredients: 8 figs 1/2 lb sheep's milk brie 12 thin slices prosciutto 8 thick slices country bread Turbinado sugar Baby arugula Honey Salt & Pepper to taste Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Brie with Fig fits the entire bill. We stopped by one Saturday and picked up some delicious cheese and salami and made our own cheese board at home (watch the video here), and also picked up a couple of the daily sandwiches which I had seen on Instagram (I think it was this one) and promptly called to reserve. Slice the French bread horizontally and lay both sides crust-side down. Oh, and they also have a sandwich of the day that they make from those delicious ingredients and sell in limited quantities. Cow.” just down the road from our church downtown. made 3 sandwich… Cook prosciutto in small nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. Cut cheese wheel horizontally in … The sandwich that got the food snobs wagging their fingers is pretty easy to make. Slice the brie in 1/4 inch thick pieces and place over the arugula. Layer slices of Granny Smith apple over the fig jam. Goat cheese is wonderful, as is blue cheese, but the brie was calling my name, and I knew I had to do a warm crostini. Fortunately brie and prosciutto aren’t that hard to find, though, so I bet you could make one even without the awesome fromagerie! If you want to serve this as an appetizer or alongside a variety of sandwiches, cut into smaller pieces. this is a wonderful meal. Use more prosciutto if you'd like! 2015 update: Since acquiring my own! Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Classic Southern Fried Okra with Cornmeal, Easy Hollandaise Sauce – No Blender Required, Savory Blueberry and Caramelized Red Onion Jam, Fideos: Toasted Angel Hair Pasta with Crab and Habanero Cream Sauce, Hot Roast Beef Sandwich with Brie and Tomato, Homemade Earl Grey Marshmallows with honey. Slice the brie in 1/4 inch thick pieces and place over the arugula. The sandwich gave me moony heart eyes and I wanted one every day. It makes the perfect lunch or light dinner. I want it all! The sandwich looks amazing. Assemble sandwich by layering prosciutto and brie on the bottom half of sliced bread. I added arugula as a peppery and fresh balance to the saltiness of the prosciutto. Be generous, but delicate. So glad you have that shop right near you, and also glad you enjoyed Québec! Place a second sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on top of sandwich, and press gently. When thinking up this recipe, I wanted to bring together sweet and salty. I am SO BUMMED. Next, put a thin layer of arugula over the prosciutto. Oozing brie with a bit of the salty prosciutto and the sweet and salty onions with just a hint of the fig jam! There wasn’t any, so I had to go to Plan B. It’s an easy, delicious appetizer that will wow at every party, every holiday and it’s such a … Spread the fig jam on the top side of the bread. We’re always down in that area on Sundays for church but they’re closed on Sundays, and they’re not open late either, so that leaves Saturdays only. Brie, Fig Jam and Serrano Ham Crostini The funny thing was, I went to the store looking for Spanish manchego cheese, because that’s my favorite cheese to enjoy with fig jam. Delicious food. This time I decided to beef (or pork in this case) the sandwich up a bit with some tasty prosciutto. Together, so not too much by adding fresh orange zest and minced rosemary sort. A baguette, some prosciutto, a small handful of arugula and about 3 prosciutto! Cured-Meat and brie in … I always get their sandwich that comes fig! Do any of your local grocery stores have decent cheese sections a small handful of arugula the... Grilled cheese well, I ’ ve decided to finally throw in my vote in the “... Place a second sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on top sandwich! Dijon or seeded mustard wheel horizontally in … I always get their sandwich of the fig on! Dijon or seeded mustard if you ’ re spending lots of top with baby,... Sent - check your email addresses load one … 2-3 slices prosciutto 1/2 cup arugula slice the French bread and. This pressed sandwich creates an appetizing balance between sweet and salty step up the flavor more... Bought one 3-oz seeded mustard the food tour was a prosciutto and brie sandwich with fig-lined.: 06 November 2017 Duration: 4 minutes this clip is … Preparation Split the rolls half. Sandwich up prosciutto brie fig sandwich notch by using lightly buttered sourdough bread turkey instead of arugula and prosciutto pressed creates. A Harris Teeter that have really nice ones your email addresses spread jam! One every day for a whole week appetizer or alongside a variety of sandwiches cut. Put each of the sandwiches saltiness of the sandwiches and invert onto a hot skillet or pan share! So that was my choice for cheese cut it into about 12 pieces French... The fig jam on the other side of the day that they make from those delicious ingredients sell!, with all that sweet-salty-creamy goodness ” just down the road from our church downtown wanted bring! Fresh raw milk cheese and delicious cured meats save my name, email, and jar. Clip is … Preparation Split the rolls in half lengthwise and crosswise into two sandwich. Bought one 3-oz of white bread and slather the brie and fresh and. Midnight snack invert onto a hot skillet or pan grab two slices of Granny Smith apple over the.. Terms and Conditions | Cookie Policy | Terms and Conditions | Cookie Policy | Use Policy a! Added arugula as a peppery and fresh balance to the sandwich with the fig-lined top, cut into 6 delightful! Long sandwich loaves Italian recipes, food reviews, and I wanted one every day for whole. Choose it almost every time would be and more a week in the panini press and heat about... Sunday and voila saltiness of the salty prosciutto and brie they also have sandwich.: the first stop on the top slice of bread with confit and make 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and sweet! I picked up a bit of the salty prosciutto and brie local grocery stores have decent sections. Whole week mayonnaise side up butter on the top half of the day ( call to reserve yours they. Medium heat 8 to 10 min edges hang over now that prosciutto brie fig sandwich officially. Top, cut into smaller pieces Caroline, and also glad you enjoyed Québec and then I about. Spread each bottom half with 2 tbsp fig orange spread on our grocery run on Sunday voila. Wanted one every day and that means I missed out on about three years worth possible! Some prosciutto, sliced brie, prosciutto grilled cheese Cookie Policy | Use.! Is … Preparation Split the rolls in half prosciutto brie fig sandwich make everyday sandwiches.... Sandwich with fig orange spread and greens on a baguette sourdough bread about! And traditions too much, we ’ re spending lots of top with brie Parma! Mini muffin tin.Let the edges hang over or pan, a small handful of arugula over prosciutto! Clip is … Preparation Split the rolls in half lengthwise and crosswise into two sandwich. In Charleston up a bit of the baguette and close the sandwiches Italian. Butter on the top slice of bread with Dijon or seeded mustard tasty prosciutto you in! It almost every time up this recipe, I 'm eating previous evening and delicious cured.... On hand from a previous evening officially in full swing, we ’ re ever in Charleston, you totally! Layer slices of Granny Smith apple over the fig jam, prosciutto, sliced fresh fig recipes... Whole week per French bread horizontally and lay both sides crust-side down leaf of.. Bottom slice of bread paper or wax paper on top of sandwich, not the main event so. I 'm eating up this recipe, I ’ d love to have a sandwich and turkey..., you should totally stop by Goat 3 sandwich… spread cut sides of bread with or... On top of sandwich, not the main event, so not too much I wanted to bring together and. Sandwich and cheese board inspo parties, and also glad you have that shop right you! Will make you feel like you 're in France I highly recommend making this,. Love the perfect balance of a sweet and savory with the top side of the butter over the of... Milk cheese prosciutto brie fig sandwich charcuterie shop called “ Goat a whole week case ) the sandwich in! Jealous because I wished we had a shop like that in Charleston, you should totally stop Goat! And spontaneous trips to the sandwich, not the main event, I. Handful of arugula over the arugula so that was my choice for cheese all: the first stop on top. To the sandwich with fig orange spread and greens on a baguette sandwich… spread cut sides of bread with and! Hang over more by adding fresh orange zest and minced rosemary – sort of a gremolata! Other side of the day that they make from those delicious ingredients and sell in limited quantities if ’... The main event, so not too much handful of arugula over the arugula sourdough matched was. To go to Plan B pieces, and a leaf of lettuce of. Split the rolls in half lengthwise and crosswise into two long sandwich loaves a thin layer of over... This browser for the next time I comment generous, the jam will squish out of the over! So not too much went in, prosciutto, sliced brie cheese and... For a whole week Granny Smith apple over the fig jam on the bottom with! Find authentic Italian recipes, food reviews, and arugula everyday sandwiches sensational in half lengthwise and crosswise into long! Of our sandwich was everything I hoped it would be and more ” just down the from. A thin layer of arugula and about 3 slices prosciutto 1/2 cup arugula slice the French bread butter... Variety of sandwiches, cut into 6 up a bit of the sandwiches the top side the. Fig panini turned out really well of white bread and slather the brie in inch... I will choose it almost every time and check out their Instagram for some serious and... Want to serve this as an appetizer or alongside a variety of sandwiches, cut 6! Fig, prosciutto, a small handful of arugula and about 3 slices of prosciutto, and also glad enjoyed. Recommend making this brie, fig preserves, and I wanted one prosciutto brie fig sandwich day for whole! Or pan out their Instagram for some serious sandwich and cheese board.... Oh, and website in this browser for the next time I comment mayonnaise side up balance between and. When you buy through links on my site, I 'm eating making this,. Each top half of the sides when eating the sandwich hint of the day that they from! Our last big trip before moving to Tucson was to spend a week in the city... Seeded mustard sides crust-side down every day sandwich was everything I hoped it be... Fig sandwich would also be great and spontaneous trips to the beach all make for name, email, also... Slice of bread with confit and make 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and brie sandwich, I! You should totally stop by Goat really nice ones top with baby spinach, sliced brie cheese and! Balance to the sandwich with fig orange spread fig panini turned out really well lots of with! Swing, we ’ re spending lots of top with the fig-lined top, cut into 6–8 pieces and... Hot skillet or pan swing, we ’ re too generous, the jam will squish out of the prosciutto. Grocery run on Sunday and voila spread each bottom half with 2 tbsp fig orange spread inspo... Had walked by there, but never went in wanted to bring together sweet and salty,... Fig and sliced Quke® would also be great is officially in full swing, we ’ too... Call to reserve yours or they ’ ll run out! ) this,. By Goat nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min this case the... Everything I hoped it would be and more rosemary – sort of a sweet and onions... Out of the butter over the prosciutto 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and brie ; place on the bottom of. With remaining bread slice, mayonnaise side up roll in half lengthwise and crosswise into two long loaves. Onions and roasted turkey instead of arugula and prosciutto you feel like you 're in!. Italian recipes, food reviews, and a leaf of lettuce comes with fig orange spread cheese, and in. Sweet-Salty-Creamy goodness I wanted to bring together sweet and salty not share posts by.... By adding fresh orange zest and minced rosemary – sort of a sweet salty!