Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. No attempts at heartstring-pulling, no mention of traditions or of "ancestral" anything -- just solid, cold-blooded, grounded argument. This is a great book on Zionism from the viewpoint of Palestinians. 'Much of the despair and pessimism that one feels at the whole Palestinian-Zionist conflict is each side's failure in a sense to reckon with the existential power and presence of, This is a really critical read on Palestine, and it does a great job at engaging the reader in critical thinking, especially given that Said takes a more theoretical approach in his analysis, rather than a practical one. The first question this book deals with is, I think, by far the hardest: what is “Palestine” and who are “the Palestinians”? In some ways, the second question is a repetition of the first – because it concerns the experience of Zionism from the perspective of its victims, in other words, from the perspective of those it excludes. It also critically engages with Zionism, particularly the beginning of the movement, which not many texts on Palestine/Israel do. An excellent look at the Palestinian question by a scholar well-equipped to discuss the Palestinians on their own terms. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Start by marking “The Question of Palestine” as Want to Read: Error rating book. I still enjoyed the book in all it said, and I think I've really been able to see his point of view, because I could hear him and imagine the man behind the words; I felt very connected to him, through the typos and the ramblings, the passion and the pain. | That road is premised on the hope that power is persuasive enough to break the Palestinian will to self-determination…(195), …the second road…. (Its implications for Israeli sovereignty are not discussed.) Note though- not a light read! ‧ HOLOCAUST The author's youthfulness helps to assure the inevitable comparison with the Anne Frank diary although over and above the... by UN Forum on the Question of Palestine (New York, 17-18 May 2018) – Chairman’s Summary Arabic text , Final document , French text , Spanish text , Summary Or, do you oppose on principle the denial of the right of self-determination to the Palestinian people, and insist that their democratic will must be recognized, and their national liberation struggle treated as a legitimate political goal which can be achieved in ways other than by violence? RELEASE DATE: Nov. 21, 1979. This can be a proble. RELEASE DATE: Jan. 1, 1979. Pre-publication book reviews and features keeping readers and industry ( Log Out /  I love Edward he is difficlut to read though, Viva Palestine, keep lyingwe will continue believing let us see who will last longer.