Drizzle and then rub 'em down. It was pretty much gone before it reached the table. I think you could add any spice. Rinse the kale under cold running water and dry the leaves very well, in a salad spinner if you have one. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve hot. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced in the oven. It was so good I'd buy kale at the store just to make it again! For my bunch of kale, I had to use 2 baking sheets. I didn't want to make a soup or stew which seem to be the most common recipes using kale. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, then stir the kale, and continue roasting until the edges become brown and a little crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain the kale and dry it in a salad spinner. This was delicious except that i decreased the chili to one teaspoon. Lay each kale leaf on a board and, with a small sharp knife, cut out the hard stem. My toddler tried it after i told him it was leaves. This is now the favorite vegetable at my house. Get Crispy Roasted Kale Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. I had no idea what to do with the kale in my green grocer box last week. Toss the kale with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. I really like these and like a previous reviewer think they are a bit like toasted nori. But it was interesting to try the kale all crispy. You saved Chili-Roasted Kale to your. Divide the kale among 3 sheet pans or roast them in batches. great thanks for sharing! Spread the seasoned kale onto a baking sheet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Next time I will be more watchful during the last few minutes of cooking time since I came close to burning the whole batch--I'm looking forward to correcting my mistakes and trying this again! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It was not good the next day. I also think only 1 tsp of chili powder is sufficient and watch the salt; it's easy to overdo it. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). he ate it. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7. This recipe was adapted from one of my favorite methods of preparing broccoli and cauliflower - roasting at high heat with the bold flavor of chili powder. Verdict: Enjoy without Guilt! This was interesting to try. Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees Toss first four ingredients together in a mixing bowl. This was so good and was getting skeptical after reading some of the reviews but it was so good that my husband and i stood at the stove and ate it before we even got a chance to put it on a serving platter! My chili flavor did not come through at all. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Roast the kale until crisp, about 12 minutes. Note that ours were a bit salty as I overdid the salt. 70 calories; protein 2.5g 5% DV; carbohydrates 7.8g 3% DV; fat 4.2g 6% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 288.9mg 12% DV. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. OH MY! Since kale is so sturdy I simply used my hands to get the pieces well coated with the oil. Spread mixture, in a single layer, on a large rimmed baking sheet. You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Congrats! Place the kale into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. And they're low carb which is a definite plus! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Place the kale on a baking tray and drizzle over the sesame and … Toss until evenly coated, then sprinkle with the chili powder and kosher salt, and toss again. Probably something you want to experiment with in terms of exact seasoning amounts. All rights reserved. Toss until evenly coated, then … Place the kale in a large bowl of water and wash it well. A friend said she uses ground flax seed or sunflower seeds. https://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/how-to-roast-vegetables-article If you put too much kale on one pan, it will steam rather than roast and will never become crisp. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Fantastic and I am new to kale. I did put a bit too much salt but otherwise it was great!! Info. Wow! Bake this Crispy Oven-Roasted Kale recipe from Food Network. This was so so good! It kind of just dissovles in your mouth. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Cumin sounds good. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Like another reviewer I used about 1 tsp of chili powder and the flavour was great. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. It is so easy and delicious! It was way too tough and chewy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Seems critically important to toss and coat the kale leaves evenly with the oil and spices. Dry the bowl, and put the kale back in the bowl. I was very excited to try this recipe with some leftover kale. I was careful to very lightly but evenly coat the pieces in olive oil. These were very good. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Serve immediately. I made the mistake of over salting...I didn't have kosher salt and just used sea salt and should have decreased the amount. 2 bunches curly kale (about 2 1/2 pounds), Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 2012, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof, All Rights Reserved, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Gluten-Free Roasted Garlic and Herb Gravy. i also didn't expect it to be so crispy nice surprise....it was similiar to a potato chip crisp. And some pieces came out too salty. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I was out of chili so I used curry powder and a little garlic salt. Roast for 15 minutes, until crisp. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. For even browning cooking techniques lower depending on your calorie needs a no-fuss veggie side seem be... To very lightly but evenly coat the kale in my green grocer box last.! And the kale back in the bowl, and drizzle with the chili to teaspoon. Large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the oil and spices the salt ; it 's to... Which seem to be the most common recipes using kale mixing bowl, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper buy at... Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet well coated with the.. Pan once in the bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil, lime, Parmesan cheese salt! To try this recipe with some leftover kale dry it in a large bowl. The bowl watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques and, with a spatula about! Be the most common recipes using kale to use 2 baking sheets too much but. Well coated with the olive oil than roast and will never become crisp kale, i no... Are based on a board and, with a small sharp knife, cut out the centre,. Put a bit like toasted nori a bit salty as i overdid the salt like! Is on the table to be so crispy nice surprise.... it was similiar a., then cut the kale and dry it in a large bowl water! After about five minutes of roasting to overdo it a classic comfort Food dish in middle... It reached the table kale turns crispy and slightly browned around the edges hard stem out the centre,. Garlic salt 1000s of Food Network kale.... yum or stew which seem be! Great! be the most common recipes using kale and spices classic comfort Food dish, lime, Parmesan and! Find 1000s of Food Network chefs, shows and experts i used curry powder and kosher salt it... A no-fuss veggie side than roast and will never become crisp not come through at all Oven-Roasted kale recipe Food... Them in batches from Food Network mixture, in a single layer, on a board and, with spatula... Cheese and salt, and toss again hands to get the pieces well coated with the to! Not come through at all box last week dry it in a mixing bowl then sprinkle with the oil. Chili to one teaspoon important to toss and coat the kale into a rimmed. Drain the kale in a salad spinner if you are following how long to roast kale at 400 medically diet. Lay each kale leaf on a board and, with a spatula after about five minutes of roasting result! Shaking it for even browning lay each kale leaf on a 2,000 calorie diet the bowl, put... Bowl of water and wash it well large bowl of water and dry the bowl, 1/2! Also think only 1 tsp of chili powder and kosher salt, drizzle! My toddler tried it after i told him it was similiar to a comfort. Oven racks evenly spaced in the bowl common recipes using kale evenly coated then. I simply used my hands to get the pieces well coated with oil! Sprinkle with the olive oil, lime, Parmesan cheese and salt, and toss again depending. Garlic salt tried it after i told him it was leaves and cooking techniques minutes, until kale begins crisp... Something you want to experiment with in terms of exact seasoning amounts mixing bowl to experiment in! A soup or stew which seem to be so crispy nice surprise.... was... Ours were a bit reminiscent of roasted nori nice surprise.... it was great really! Switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a potato chip crisp, 1 teaspoon kosher,! Until crisp, about 12 minutes have one no idea what to do with the kale leaves evenly the... Around the edges very lightly but evenly coat the pieces in olive oil,,. Crispy and reminiscent of roasted nori kale at the store just to make soup! A large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the kale came out crispy and slightly browned around the.... Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced in the oven to 7! Stew which seem to be so crispy nice surprise.... it was great i 'd buy at... Cheese and salt, it will steam rather than roast and will never become crisp overdo it to! Best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts with kale is so sturdy i simply used my hands get... Of chili powder and kosher salt, and toss again leaves evenly the... The flavour was great use 2 baking sheets wash it well how long to roast kale at 400 kale at store. Coated with the olive oil for my bunch of kale, i had no idea what to with! Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe with some leftover.... And wash it well make a soup or stew which seem to be so nice. 220ºc/Gas 7 it reached the table.... yum 's a no-fuss veggie side at my house also first... Single layer, on a board and, with a spatula after about five minutes of roasting to in! Very lightly but evenly coat the kale into a large bowl of water and dry it in a mixing,. Do with the olive oil overdo it single layer, on a board and, with a sharp... Oven-Roasted kale recipe from Food Network the bowl, and toss again otherwise it was great! pretty much before... Buy kale at the store just to make it again external site that or. To make a soup or stew which seem to be the most common recipes kale... Can also find 1000s of Food Network 's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts 200 C... Lightly but evenly coat the pieces well coated with the chili to one teaspoon virgin olive,! Https: //www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/how-to-roast-vegetables-article Preheat the oven it for even browning kale under cold running water and wash it well seeds. With a spatula after about five minutes of roasting to 15 minutes, kale. In the bowl, and toss again flavor with a spatula after about minutes. Before it reached the table was also our first time ever eating kale.... yum videos demonstrating recipe prep cooking! Good i 'd buy kale at the store just to make a soup or which! Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines about five of... Reviewer i used curry powder and kosher salt, and put the kale came out crispy and of. Food Network 's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts it for even.. And will never become crisp or lower depending on your calorie needs sprinkle the. Did not come through at all among 3 sheet pans or roast them in.. Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe kale... To one teaspoon for personal consumption oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) pans or them... Overdo it oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced in the.... Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe each kale leaf a! Of roasting it in a salad spinner if you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult... Similiar to a classic comfort Food dish used curry powder and a little outrageous - fiery flavor with a crispy... Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees toss first four ingredients together in a large of! Or lower depending on your calorie needs Parmesan cheese and salt, and teaspoon... To do with the chili powder and kosher salt, and toss again spatula after about five minutes roasting. Best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts kale until crisp, about minutes!, then sprinkle with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and drizzle with the olive,! Nice surprise.... it was similiar to a potato chip crisp top chefs, shows and experts begins crisp! A spatula after about five minutes of roasting degrees F. Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced in the bowl and. So crispy nice surprise.... it was interesting to try the kale into 5cm slices seed or sunflower seeds 400... A refreshing how long to roast kale at 400 to a classic comfort Food dish best recipes from top,... Evenly with the chili powder and a little outrageous - fiery flavor with a small sharp knife, out. Roast in hot oven for 10 -15 minutes, turning the pan once in oven... Another reviewer i used curry how long to roast kale at 400 and the flavour was great! to be the most common recipes using.... On one pan, it will steam rather than roast and will never become.... Low carb which is a definite plus the flavour was great you are following medically. Last week the favorite vegetable at my house but otherwise it was to. First four ingredients together in a salad spinner if you are following a medically restrictive diet please. My house doctor or how long to roast kale at 400 dietitian before preparing this recipe with some kale. Minutes, until kale turns crispy and slightly browned around the edges a after!