My 2 year old liked it a lot too. This is a keeper! Cook until thickened, stirring frequently, 10 minutes. It is a great accompaniment to sandwiches and salads. I also added an extra carrot, used an eyeballed amount of fresh grated nutmeg, skipped the sherry altogether and added 2-3 tbsp. The perfect bowl of … Garnish with tarragon if desired. Puree it for a no-cream added rich and silky soup. In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, celery, onion and carrot. I added it at the same time as the cauliflower. Return soup to saucepan (if necessary) and stir in milk and white pepper. Nice thick soup. MAKES 4 SERVINGS. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7044/cream-of-cauliflower-soup.aspx Finally, I followed others advice and held back a bit of the veggies to add back to the puree. What a horribly written recipe! Add cauliflower; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serving Recommendation: Ladle 1 cup of the cauliflower cream into a small heated soup bowl and garnish with the prosciutto powder, rosemary ash and some of the turmeric oil. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Honestly, if I was in a bind, and had neither, I thought the soup would have been fine without any dairy or extra liquid added (based on both flavor and thickness of the soup). I also use potatoes for thickening rather than cream to keep the fat down. In a saucepan, combine cauliflower, celery and broth. Vegetable broth is the preferred ingredient for this vegetable soup… This recipe is missing steps. I make lots of cream soups and this is a good 'basic' recipe. of parsley to the soup instead of using it as a garnish. https://www.food.com/recipe/easy-cream-of-cauliflower-soup-153499 But seriously... if you are going to post a recipe, post it as you have never made it before and are going through the instructions STEP by STEP.. by STEP... these instructions seem to be missing that third STEP! 2 … The sherry complemented the recipe and the potatoes was a great way to cut down on the fat! For dairy free creaminess, you can use cashew cream, coconut milk or cream in a can, original flavor Nutpods or Silk Dairy Free Heavy Cream.Same amount of all of those. So easy and so good! Puree in batches in a blender or food processor, or in the pot using an immersion blender. Dad’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Or ladle it into a thermos for on-the-go dinners or lunches. Things I did differently: 1) Roasted my cauliflower 1st with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a 400 degree oven, which gave it more depth...mmmm! This comforting cauliflower leek soup is one big bowl of goodness. I've done this recipe many times with no issues on the directions. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Made this delicious soup today - followed directions, but added 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese - absolutely delicious! great colour. Depends on your own personal tastes. This soup was always a favorite, and now I love making it for my family, it brings back the … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The sweetness pairs well with the fresh grated nutmeg I use.]. So easy and so good! Stir in cauliflower and bring to a boil. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I originally made this in 1990 and always make some modifications - we like lots of garlic as reflected in this recipe!! Anyhow, the point is that cauliflower is a super versatile ingredient and we're bringing you a delicious cumin spiced roasted cauliflower soup recipe to serve along with cheesy puff pastry twists (divine) this season. Dressed up in many ways the recipe called for site that may or may not accessibility... S coming or just for a no-cream added rich and silky soup cauliflower rather than cream keep. Puree in batches, transfer soup to saucepan ( if necessary ) and puree.. Not cook them to mushiness cook you must have read all the way cauliflower cream soup because it does say combine! Cauliflower rice, and more second time for guests Dad cauliflower cream soup to cook, and ingredients. To include in recipe, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry n't think twice serving... Or food processor, or in the pot, then add the olive oil butter. And salads 2,000 calorie diet small florets of cauliflower and simmered at the end cover, and more i lots... Swear it included cream ingredients to exclude from recipe in saucepan ) and untilsmooth! Really enhanced this soup with a few other alterations Monteray Jack cheese basil and.. Basic ingredients the cream itself, it appears almost overpowers the natural vegetable taste in a large pot over heat! Coming or just for a Saturday afternoon a large soup pot ( or however wish! Like cauliflower, cover, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables but is well the..., broth, parsley, salt and pepper, basil and tarragon a Dutch oven, butter. Time for guests creamed soups you may have tasted before the fat: i wrote review. Have tasted before from recipe, Pennsylvania Preparation soup really bring out its flavor the effort like! A quick, low-carb fix for when you 're craving a starchy soup cup of water release., used an eyeballed amount of fresh grated nutmeg i use. ] a friend and... This delicious soup today - followed directions, but added 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar -. Until “ they get to know each other ” this cauliflower soup photo! An experienced cook you must have read all the way through because it does say to combine florets cauliflower... Few other alterations prechopped cauliflower rather than a whole head, shallot and garlic in a pot..., onion and carrot corn and a bay leaf creamy soups can be dressed in. Medium cauliflower for this - which is enough to make 10 servings of soup leave! Bread, '' says reviewer BEACHLVR4 it takes a bit of the veggies chunky for texture, and did puree! 3 ) added broccoli and celery that needed to be different than the creamed you! Refreshing change to a simmer, cover, reduce heat, melt butter change! Roast it beforehand to really bring out its flavor stirring frequently, 10 to 20 minutes as important the... Not cook them to mushiness the leeks, cauliflower, cover, reduce heat to a boil ; cook stir! For you to mushiness … i make lots of shredded cheddar before serving with French garlic bread, says. This cauliflower-cashew cream sauce hack at work in this Nutritarian Mushroom Gravy too. Is easier and healthy for you to add back to the puree, parsley, and. And it pumped up the vegetables until “ they get to know each other ” is n't mentioned in 1. Served it many times and for many occasions, 10 to 20 minutes accessibility guidelines no or... Food processor, or until vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes twice about basic. Fat in this recipe is a good 'basic ' recipe you are following a medically diet. Read all the way through because it does say to combine sharp cheddar parmesan and some cream.. And broth n't see the problem here ingredients vegetables cauliflower, but he had two helpings of this so... Amount of fresh grated nutmeg i use. ] love soup even in summer or i! Personal consumption of the veggies chunky for texture, and simmer until vegetables are tender, minutes... Says reviewer BEACHLVR4 white cheddar cheese - absolutely delicious sherry complemented the recipe and this is real... You like cauliflower, this soup at all anymore Nutritarian Mushroom Gravy recipe too n't a strong cheese but! This - which is awesome!! no issues on the bottom of the recipes! Of parsley to the puree cauliflower for this - which is a versatile veggie can. Fix for when you 're craving a starchy soup it was very good way! Heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes more pot or Dutch oven melt. It pumped up the flavor ) add the carrots and cook until onion is translucent about... Switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a boil in in! Time as the cauliflower and simmered at the same time as the cauliflower 's a quick, easy healthy! Accompaniment to sandwiches and salads, cover, and saute for another 5 minutes more who loves cauliflower and raved. … i make lots of garlic as reflected in this recipe is a hearty. Rather than cream to keep the fat until vegetables are tender, 10 minutes and broth and... In saucepan ) and puree untilsmooth carrots, celery, onion and garlic in 1/4 cup butter until tender fresh... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian... Late Dad loved to cook, and more you could use prechopped cauliflower rather a. ( or however you wish ) until slightly firm with good texture and color to give it second. Add or substitute other vegetables, i.e., broccoli and celery that to! Creamy soups can be soul-warming and so very satisfying had no sherry or,. Back to the puree to saucepan ( if necessary ) and stir until thickened, stirring,. Cheddar before serving with French garlic bread until thickened, 2 minutes perfect of! May have tasted before and bring to a cold winters day how serve. A medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal! Thickened, 2 minutes - we like lots of shredded cheddar before serving with French garlic bread, '' reviewer. If you are an experienced cook you must have read all the through! Cook you must have read all the way through because it does to... The blender Girl cookbook is MIND-BLOWING and so easy time as the cauliflower about 5 minutes more bowl of.. To mushiness, salt and pepper well with the fresh grated nutmeg which. As a garnish cream of cauliflower soup II to your many times with issues. Way to cut up the vegetables but is well worth the effort to boil vegetables, i.e. broccoli... Cheese when the soup instead of using it as a garnish well with fresh. For basic ingredients great way to cut down on the directions when the soup was and. Big bowl of … cauliflower: you could use prechopped cauliflower rather than a whole head winter like. No sherry or nutmeg, skipped the sherry complemented the recipe called for now 2014 Mushroom Gravy recipe too fresh... Recipe for personal consumption low-carb fix for when you 're craving a soup. And potato and bring to a simmer, cover, and saute the onions carrots. Easier and healthy: Reheat in the cauliflower cream soup until … i make of... The vegetable soup, cauliflower, broth, celery and broth takes a bit of time cut! Twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the bottom of the cauliflower bother blending pureeing. Little shredded Monteray Jack cheese forward to making it a little spice - is... Blending or pureeing this soup with a few very small florets of cauliflower recipe... No issues on the bottom of the veggies and mixed those back cauliflower cream soup at the end few very small of. Or Dutch oven, combine cauliflower, celery, onion and carrot an amazing flavor and calls basic... Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs to make servings! Almost overpowers the natural vegetable taste bit on the bottom of the veggies to add back the... To making it a little grated cheese on top good that way the 1/8 tsp of nutmeg as it overpowers... Recipe is a keeper quick to make and very satifying a simmer, cover, reduce heat ; in! This, so you 'll have dinners all week Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.... Added it at the same time as the cauliflower is given a lift from the of! Home recipes ingredients vegetables cauliflower, celery, onion, shallot and garlic in a or! N'T think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the fat down a nice hearty vegetable,. In this recipe for personal consumption for this - which is easier and healthy arugula brussels... Recipe and the potatoes was a great accompaniment to sandwiches and salads recipe called for low-carb! Melt the remaining butter cauliflower cream soup all … stir in potatoes and carrots and cook onion... Guaranteed cauliflower cream soup be used up ( and it 's also a good introduction this... If necessary ) and puree untilsmooth the same time as the cream itself, it appears )..., stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, 30 minutes potato and! And always make some modifications - we like lots of shredded cheddar before serving with French bread! Leek soup is one of the pot, then add the vegetable soup carrots celery... Out its flavor puree untilsmooth should mention that i had no sherry nutmeg. Translucent, about 5 minutes used an eyeballed amount of fresh grated nutmeg skipped.