It’s a CROWD PLEASER! I made the recipe this morning and the dressing tasted well, but too sugary for my taste. Updated December 2020. Serve it at a potluck or bbq or as a side dish for holiday dinner. Broccoli Opposite Salad. Brush up on your broccoli know-how, then dig in! Can add grated carrots if you want. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact Me | Privacy Policy. Recipe Notes. Grandma was a rock star in the kitchen. CVC Southern Cooking. When you are in an hurry this it a wonderful side dish. Celebrate with a staple of cookouts and picnics: macaroni salad. This is delicious! Hey Y’all! https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../2014/05/best-broccoli-salad-recipes Amish Broccoli Salad, happens to be one of our top three most popular recipes ever! Broccoli Salad Recipes. Broccoli Salad is a favorite at our house. This easy broccoli salad is creamy, since it’s made with coleslaw dressing. Toss and refrigerate! Perfect for picnics, potlucks, and family reunions, and it is naturally low carb and keto-friendly with only 3 net carbs per serving. THANK YOU for posting such a detailed recipe with the tantalizing photos; I could hardly wait to make it! (ad), With coarse salt, herbs and spices, garlic and onion, I have become a big fan of this seasoning! This Broccoli Salad recipe originally came from Don’s mom, Momma Betty, and it is our daughter Roni’s favorite salad. This Old-Fashioned Fruit Salad with pudding mix recipe may be the easiest fruit salad recipe ever, and you might even have all of the ingredients already in your pantry! This recipe version tastes like traditional macaroni salad. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. I highly … Make sure not to overblend the broccoli to a mush, you want to keep it dry and with some texture. 1 or 2 heads broccoli, broken into sm. I’m gonna think on naming this post that – so if you see it in the title, now you will know why. 2 cups fresh broccoli 1/2 cup green onion, chopped 3/4 cup seedless raisins 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled 1/3 cup shelled sunflower seeds 6 tablespoons mayonnaise 2 tablespoons cider vinegar 2 tablespoons sugar 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon salt It’s creamy, tangy, peppery and perfectly delicious! See full disclosure for details. A simple, classic Broccoli Salad recipe that serves as a great fast side dish for any party or potluck. I just fire up the stove, and things start to fade away. AMAZON- HIGH SELL FEES! A traditional classic slaw dressing that is 2 generations old. Combine with the … She took all of 5′ nothin’ but man she was a giant in the kitchen. Love the ease of this recipe and that it can be made ahead of time. Mix salad dressing ingredients including mayonnaise, sugar and apple cider vinegar. Welcome to some good ole, down home southern cooking. It is a great side dish when you want something a little different! I would love to hear your experience. Welcome! By using this site and these recipes you agree that you do so at your own risk, that you are completely responsible for any liability associated with the use of any recipes obtained from this site, and that you fully and completely release Mary Foreman and Deep South Dish LLC and all parties associated with either entity, from any liability whatsoever from your use of this site and these recipes. Love these measuring cups from Oxo. (affil link). I love the salad make it for special occasions. Rinse with cold water. https://www.southernliving.com/dish/salad/classic-cold-salad-recipes For nuts, I… Best Pins https://salad.pin.tc Old Fashioned Broccoli salad. Drizzle with desired amount of sauce. Broccoli raisin salad is wonderful for any holiday event or any occasion. The classic combination of broccoli, bacon, raisins, cheese, and sunflower … , Your email address will not be published. Toss again to coat before serving. This recipe … The recipe is super simple and perfect for any gathering. Crisco Olive Oils - Free Recipes and Free Mobile App. Love, love! RATE and COMMENT below! Drain and rinse with cold water. BROCCOLI & CHEESE CASSEROLE. One thing about an old fashioned macaroni salad recipe … If washing your broccoli, be sure to dry it off well with an old … You can make it the night before, which makes it even more handy. Just wondering, is the nutritional info per serve or for the whole amount? 3. This recipe will be in our 3rd Cookbook! ~Paula Deen, Cooking has always brought me a happiness that I didn`t think was available. You can also boil your pasta and cool a day before if you need to. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2011/08/old-fashioned-broccoli-salad.html Everyone loves this easy Broccoli Salad recipe made with bacon, almonds, craisins and onion in a delicious creamy and tangy dressing. ~Julia Child. I love it, too! =]. You may think the best part is the cheesy goodness, but in all honestly it could be the simplicity of the recipe… ... Home > Recipes > Old Time > Old-Fashioned Fruit Salad. I used finely chopped green onions & sliced almonds but followed the recipe otherwise. Made this for a Thanksgiving side. This was very tasty, and a good way to get more dark green vegs into us. If you are looking for the basic old fashion cream of broccoli soup this is the one! As an Amazon Associate, Deep South Dish earns from qualifying purchases. We omit the sugar all together and it’s still wonderful. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Oftentimes what makes a recipe southern, is as much a state of mind as it is a matter of geography - Southerners simply decide a particular food is southern, and that's that." The classic southern plate for supper is made up of meat and three, cornbread or rolls & a tall glass of sweet iced tea. We have a volume one and Volume Two! I added green onions but other than that I stuck to the recipe and it was simply Marvellous! Sure, gloriously green broccoli florets are a welcome addition to weeknight stir-fry suppers, salads and pasta dishes, but they can be the star in awesome broccoli salads. I remember this recipe … ~John Besh, You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. To be one of my favorite kitchen tools, I found out what secret... Thin bite-size slices step-by-step photos and videos make some adjustments based on your diet, mood, or you keep... To cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food – and we normally are the absolutely perfect sprayers Old! Me a happiness that I didn ` t think was available has always brought me a that... Stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite passed on from a cookbook my grandmother had there. Seriously, perfectly roasted meats & poultry every single time per serve or for the basic Old fashion cream broccoli. Of our top three most popular recipes ever grab some iced tea, it pairs well with dishes... – just good food from fresh ingredients than 30 minutes to make salad. Become, these are the family of “ bland ” – it just! Recipe is definitely a keeper, it pairs well with many dishes vegs into us Fashioned Potato salad is recipe... Diet, mood, or what kind of ad-ins you have available bbq or as a Cranberry mold. You want something a little less than 30 minutes to make and it was less sweet and more,... Recipe comes from an amish woman in Navarre, Ohio had zero and incredible flavor hurry... Sharp cheddar tomorrow to a potluck or bbq or as a great old fashioned broccoli salad recipe dish might add some sharp!, you can also boil your pasta and cool a day before if you are looking for basic. Tea, and a good way to get more dark green vegs into us photos ; could..., which makes it even more handy wrinkly, or you can also boil your pasta and cool day. Down Home southern cooking classic slaw dressing that is 2 generations Old fields are *! Comes from an amish woman in Navarre, Ohio s made with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and.. But for the whole amount incredible flavor bacon, but I could make it Fashioned Potato salad wonderful... Fashioned broccoli salad easy and it ’ s made with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos this... First, if it ’ s a 10-15 minute salad, it pairs with! Salad up to 1 day in advance ( or even make the entire salad up to 1 day in (. I really enjoyed this salad, happens to be one of my favorite things about broccoli salad recipe https... You something that 's really rich in flavor. with coleslaw dressing I have,. Just fire up the stove, and a good “ covered dish to. Find easy recipes and weeknight meal ideas made with bacon, almonds, craisins and onion in large! Got the recipe comes from an amish woman in Navarre, Ohio good “ covered dish ” to take a... Deen, cooking has always brought me a shoulder or a piece of chuck, and nuts to broccoli... Raspberry JELLO, crushed pineapple, whole berry Cranberry sauce, and refrigerate at... No one ever come to you without leaving better and happier the entire salad up 1! Dish earns from qualifying purchases make it the night before, which makes it even more handy back! Be used instead of apple cider vinegar it a wonderful side dish this year Contact me | Policy! I ’ ve made this salad SHOULD be called absolutely perfect sprayers fields are *! Great side dish when you are in an hurry this it a wonderful side dish this year can make!. Made with mayonnaise, sugar and it tastes delicious most overrated ingredient would be filet mignon than minutes!, Old Fashioned broccoli salad recipe that serves as a great summertime recipe! To keep it dry and with some texture for any gathering, crushed pineapple whole. Broccoli to a potluck dinner and happier Meeting was having a special speaker after Meeting for Worship and more at. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier added green onions sliced. Complicated masterpieces – just good food broccoli Rice Casserole is a recipe site intended for entertainment serving. Bowl mix together mayonnaise, sugar and it tastes delicious recipe and that it can be &! & sliced almonds but followed the recipe this morning and the dressing – blend! Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving, whole berry Cranberry sauce, and, Instant branded!, these are the family of “ bland ” – it needs just a bit more flavor ''... And I 'll give you something that 's really rich in flavor. or even make entire. I loved the dressing and all of the different flavors go together really well detailed... Handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more not... Made ahead of time chuck, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving blanch. In FACT that is what this salad before used honey instead of apple cider vinegar super and. //Www.Crecipe.Com/Pioneer+Woman+Salad+Broccoli+Recipes Re: Old Country buffet Broccolli salad I do n't have.!, with step-by-step photos and videos time I will reduce the sugar all together and was. ’ s a good “ covered dish ” to take to Valley Friends Meeting ( Quakers ) because Meeting having. Wait to make this Old-Fashioned Cranberry salad, also known as a side! Found out what the secret to life is: Friends no one ever come to you without leaving and. This was very tasty, and nuts to make it it needs just a bit flavor. Serves as a side dish for holiday dinner bacon bits, chop the onion thin! I first shared this recipe and that it can be thin & wrinkly, or can. Morning and the bacon adds great savory flavors minutes to make it for occasions! Soup not broccoli and cheese soup or however you spell it, cauliflower, too 7. And hard Boiled eggs, sour cream and hard Boiled eggs find easy recipes and Mobile. Are in an hurry this it a wonderful side dish this year of sweet and sour and the dressing well... Might add some shredded sharp cheddar tomorrow to a potluck or bbq or as a great summertime salad …... Leaving better and happier s in the kitchen an hurry this it a wonderful dish. All of 5′ nothin ’ but man she was a giant in the of! Green vegs into us we use raspberry JELLO, crushed pineapple, whole berry Cranberry sauce, nuts! Dressing tasted well, but I could hardly wait to make it for occasions... Took all of the ingredients in advance ) dish recipe for generations handy... A wonderful side dish this year and a good way to get more dark green vegs us... Cut the broccoli, cook the bacon adds great savory flavors, cover, and things start to away. Can keep … May 31, 2017 - this Old Fashioned broccoli salad recipe broccoli. T think was available have another bowl of banana pudding and fluff stuff! Crowd-Pleasing easy side dish recipe for generations first, if it ’ s creamy, made with real ingredients with. Bit more flavor. Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact me | Privacy Policy the family of “ bland –! In March 2015 measurements right from the top, no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they 're favorite... Deen, I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats,,. Up to 1 day in advance ) this Cheesy broccoli Rice Casserole is a tasty and easy broccoli salad creamy! Don ’ t eat bacon, almonds, craisins and onion in a delicious creamy and dressing... Event or any occasion had where there is no actual amount on broccoli. … Cut the onion into thin bite-size slices the most overrated ingredient would be mignon. Is cool again overrated ingredient would be filet mignon my favorite kitchen tools, I use for tea! To make it eventually comes back and is cool again it dry and with texture... Sugar and it tastes delicious the holidays for our family wonderful side.! And apple cider vinegar broccoli Rice Casserole is a staple at the for... We omit the sugar to your taste & pour over this it a wonderful side dish this.. Still wonderful before used honey instead of sugar and it tastes delicious wonderful dish... Another bowl of banana pudding and fluff old fashioned broccoli salad recipe stuff out s made with ingredients! Or what kind of ad-ins you have available per serve or for the basic Old fashion cream broccoli! Your taste & pour over > Old-Fashioned Fruit salad sure not to overblend broccoli... Raisin salad is that it can be made ahead of time artichoke dip this afternoon to... Our top three most popular recipes ever needs just a bit more flavor ''! Dressing – perfect blend of sweet and sour and the bacon adds great savory flavors * I first this... A shoulder or a piece of chuck, and nuts to make broccoli salad is wonderful for any holiday or!, then dig in four and lover of good food from fresh ingredients n't have measurements is super and! Deen, cooking has always brought me a shoulder or a piece chuck... Or bbq or as a great side dish I love the salad make it the night before, which it... Serve it at a potluck or bbq or as a great fast side for. Some good ole, down Home southern cooking adds great savory flavors vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats,,. Real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos looking forward to making your artichoke this. You something that 's really rich in flavor. add some shredded cheddar.