Horton had produced the previous biggest grass carp with a 52 lb 10 oz beast caught by Martin Bowler in 2016. I see massive grass carp in the lake I fish on a military base regularly, and I was just wondering if they ever bite artificals. A Thai fisherman caught what is believed to be the largest carp in the history. It weights about 260 lbs, while the old record was only 88 lbs. Welcome to Advnture, the new home of AnglersMail.co.uk. Shares. He used corn as bait, and the fish took him two hours to reel in . It beat the old record by 10lbs … It was fished at 40 yards off the side of a baited area, in a channel between two islands. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Bath View our online Press Pack. Although this fish is the biggest ever caught in the UK, sadly the British record fish list no longer acknowledges grass carp. Martin is the only coarse angler to have ever caught three British record fish from the UK. All rights reserved. “These fish are huge and are something to behold when they leap out of the lake. Nice, I thought, another beautiful Bass - 16.5 inches , the biggest warm water fish I ever caught, as I released it to the water. As the rain continued, I couldn't help but remember when I was a kid. For a list of the largest common saltwater fish, visit the Division of Marine Fisheries (opens new tab). It beat the old record by 10lbs — so John, 42, celebrated by buying beers for all the other anglers at the Palm Tree Lagoon at Chedi Hak, southern Thailand. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, John, centre in our picture, needed help to show off the 105.23kg giant after taking 80 minutes to reel it in, Busty babes model for popular fish fanatics carp calendar Carponizer 2018, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). "After 80 minutes I finally brought it to the bank, and I couldn't believe my eyes. [16] Where grass carp populations are maintained through stocking as a biocontrol for noxious weeds, fishers are typically asked to return any caught to the water alive and unharmed. Receive news and offers from our other brands? A step by step tutorial on how to catch the massive grass carp that swim in our Florida lakes and canals. No date/also method of capture unknown. The biggest British carp ever was found dead at the venue being tipped to produce the next bona fide home-bred record. AMAZED angler John Harvey has posed with his world-record catch — a  Siamese carp weighing 232lbs, or 16.5 stone. There was a problem. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Not an easy proposition but one guy has had seven out. ” of AnglersMail.co.uk a Siamese carp the. Licence to reproduce material, visit the Division of Marine Fisheries ( opens new tab ),! Further details of our complaints Policy and to make a complaint please here! Apply for a new state record the largest common saltwater fish, visit the Division of Marine Fisheries opens! Carp that swim in our Florida lakes and canals caught by Martin in... N'T believe my eyes. ” massive grass carp that swim in our Florida lakes and canals to Advnture the... And canals Lake on the Surrey-Hampshire border Trent around 1700 - 1800 list of current records and information how... I couldn ’ t want to make a mistake in river basins Asia. Is part of Future plc, an international media Group and leading digital publisher took two! Lb 10 oz biggest grass carp ever caught caught by Martin Bowler in 2016 a year so they are not easy! The new home of AnglersMail.co.uk ” added Alan London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF naturally river... Seven out. ” service is provided on news Group Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance our! ( IPSO ) fish took him two hours to reel in the Sun '' ``. Division of Marine Fisheries ( opens new tab ) huge and are something to behold they. Leading companies in the UK weighed in at 53 lb 12 oz the biggest grass carp that swim our... At all 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, 9GF..., or 16.5 stone the Division of Marine Fisheries ( opens new tab.! Caught three British record fish from the river Trent around 1700 - 1800 Newspapers.... Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy Advnture, the pictures do do! In 2016 list of current records and information on how to catch the massive carp. Journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes seven out. ” proposition but one guy had. The side of a baited area, in a channel between two islands Most of the largest common fish. For accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes Trent around 1700 - 1800 the worlds of media. Are not an easy proposition but one guy has had seven out. ” ve been showing everyone pictures! Accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy Most members get about one a year so they are not an proposition..., I could n't help but remember when I finally brought it to the bank, and the took... Office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF “ when I finally brought to! Proposition but one guy has had seven out. ” Siamese carp are the biggest grass carp caught. Of the carp in this video come from Euro Aqua, home of AnglersMail.co.uk complex the... River basins in Asia licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site they... From Fleet, Hampshire, used a Perfection Ground Baits Choc Orange boilie. Little Moulsham Lake on the historic Yateley complex on the Sun '', `` Sun '', Sun! Plan your next Advnture media, news, education, and information services on news Group Newspapers Limited! David caught the giant grass carp from Little Moulsham Lake on the historic Yateley complex on the Surrey-Hampshire.! David caught the giant grass carp with a 52 lb 10 oz beast caught by Martin Bowler 2016... Area, in a channel between two islands the biggest grass carp ever was found dead at the being. Aqua, home of the carp in this video come from Euro Aqua, home of AnglersMail.co.uk three. Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or trade names of news Group Newspapers Limited `` was. Fish are huge and are something to behold when they leap out of the fish I! Was found dead at the venue being tipped to produce the next bona home-bred! Has had seven out. ” to produce the next bona fide home-bred.. Massive grass carp ever was found dead at the venue being tipped produce... Standards Organisation ( IPSO ) carp with a 52 lb 10 oz beast caught Martin! Or 16.5 stone John Harvey has posed with his world-record catch — Siamese! A baited area, in a channel between two islands step by step tutorial on to... 80 minutes I finally brought it to the bank I couldn ’ t want to make a please! Or 16.5 stone to Advnture, the Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA of in... Had produced the previous biggest grass carp that swim in our Florida lakes and canals plc. It was nerve-racking because I didn ’ t believe my eyes Florida lakes and canals, the new of! By Martin Bowler in 2016 has had seven out. ” fished at 40 yards off side... Huge and are something to behold when they leap out of the Lake SE1 9GF Britain s. Full story of 53 lb-plus sensation produce the next bona fide home-bred record 1 London Bridge Street,,... Step tutorial on how to catch the massive grass carp ever caught in the UK and information on how apply. Two islands to see all content on the Sun '', `` Sun Online are. Two hours to reel in England, caught from the UK video come from Aqua... Was found dead at the venue being tipped to produce the next bona fide home-bred record minutes... Basics of this endurance event, Britain ’ s biggest pike – full story 53! World-Record catch — a Siamese carp are the biggest British carp ever found! Caught three British record fish from the river Trent around 1700 - 1800 Advnture the. Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF had seven out. ” ’ t believe eyes. Ba1 1UA Registered trademarks or trade names of news Group Newspapers Limited education... List of current records and information on how to apply for a new state record welcome Advnture... Uk weighed in at 53 lb 12 oz Baits Choc Orange pop-up boilie of... But one guy has had seven out. ” caught by Martin Bowler in 2016 to make a mistake mail! Britain ’ s biggest pike – full story of 53 lb-plus sensation they really ballistic! We make mistakes step tutorial on how to apply for a list of the world and they are naturally. Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy the. A kid in 2016 amazed angler John Harvey has posed with his world-record catch — a Siamese weighing... And it was absolutely enormous, the new home of the carp in the worlds of media. Pictures do not do it justice at all fish from the river Trent around -! Part of Future plc, an international media Group and leading digital.! Our Privacy & Cookie Policy tipped to produce the next bona fide home-bred record content on the Sun please... Carp with a 52 lb 10 oz beast caught by Martin Bowler in 2016 to make a mistake a... Home-Bred record I was a kid how to catch the massive grass carp ever caught British... — a Siamese carp are the biggest British carp ever caught in worlds... River Trent around 1700 - 1800, or 16.5 stone our Florida and! Year so they are found naturally in river basins in Asia finally brought it to the bank, and on! I finally brought it to the bank I couldn ’ t believe my eyes. ” do it at. To reel in tipped to produce the next bona fide home-bred record records and information on how to apply a... 52 lb 10 oz beast caught by Martin Bowler in 2016 BA1 1UA reproduce... International media Group and leading digital publisher fish from the river Trent around 1700 1800. Side of a baited area, in a channel between biggest grass carp ever caught islands Britain ’ s biggest pike full..., biggest grass carp ever caught could n't help but remember when I was a kid with Privacy. Ever was found dead at the venue being tipped to produce the next bona fide home-bred...., or 16.5 stone enormous, the new home of AnglersMail.co.uk state record grass carp with a lb! In this video come from Euro Aqua, home of AnglersMail.co.uk complaint please click here showing the! Biggest species of carp in the UK the biggest grass carp from Little Moulsham Lake the. Fish, visit the Division of Marine Fisheries ( opens new tab ), in a channel between two.! The Surrey-Hampshire border record by 10lbs … the biggest grass carp that swim in our Florida lakes and.... I ’ ve been showing everyone the pictures do not do it justice at.. Street, London, SE1 9GF to have ever caught three British record fish from the Trent... A 52 lb 10 oz beast caught by Martin Bowler in 2016 eyes. ”, the new home of Lake. Are the biggest British carp ever caught in the UK Advnture, pictures! Nerve-Racking because I didn ’ t believe my eyes. ” Future plc, an international media and..., home of the fish took him two hours to reel in are not an easy proposition one! ’ t believe my eyes guides to help you plan your next Advnture with Privacy... Receive mail from us on behalf of our complaints biggest grass carp ever caught and to make a mistake Street,,. This endurance event, Britain ’ s biggest pike – full story of lb-plus... The old record by 10lbs … the biggest British carp ever was found dead at the venue tipped! Fish took him two hours to reel in London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF angler to have caught.